AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  8:54:16 PM  Show Profile
As I have set here sick and miserable, I decided to use that time to plan a fall tea. I plan to throw it in October, in my back yard. It will give me some incentive to get out there get a bit of exercise and get my back yard and patio spruced up. At this point I have 24 people on the list. Maybe another one or two. I have the menu planned and a craft thing to do as well. Mini scrapbooks. I will take some fall pics around town and also pics of each lady as she gets there and then send my husband down to walmart to print the pics out real fast. Also will print out some fallish qoutes and tea things, and then they can make there own fall tea scrapbook. Also they will have some tags to write down their favorite fall memories or things. I am getting excited now if this crude would just finish up and go away......
Amy

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  9:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Amy,
What a great idea, your Tea sounds like it will be a lovely & memorable afternoon.
To bad I don't live in Kansas (Ft. Riley & Junction City) anymore, 'cause if I did, I'd be bugging you for an invitation!
farmgirl hugz

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  10:32:16 PM  Show Profile
KatMom

if you were still living here you would of course be most welcome. The more the merrier. I love throwing teas, and the plan is to someday open a tea room preferable in an older house with an outdoor area for teas as well. What would actually be cool is to purchase a farm with a large house on the property, then build another house for my family and turn the farmhouse into a tea room and gift shop. Using my own milk from my own cows, and eggs from my own chickens etc........... I would have my mom and sisters help stock the gift shop as between all of us we quilt, embroder, cross stich, crochet, knit, make cards and other paper crafts, make jewelry, make soap, make can and sell homemade jams and curds, as well as mixes for my yummy scones. Ahhhh all the ides I have.
Have an awesome weekend
Amy

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  06:20:21 AM  Show Profile
Well I would be there in a minute but its just a bit to far, unless I can get a ride with Dorthy to Kansas. Sounds like everything will be really nice. I like your plans.I'm sure you will be up and running by then.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kay Marie
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Kay
Tomball TX
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  06:43:59 AM  Show Profile
Amy:

Your tea sounds delightful. Will you be dressing up for it? My college friends and I used to have a tea where we dressed up and even sweet-talked our boyfriends in joining us for a rousing game of croquet.

I love your dream of buying a farm with a beautiful old house on it to open as a tea room and gift shop. My dream is similar in that I want a farm where I can have a bakery and gift shop. Now to only find that winning lottery ticket....

Kay
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  07:46:04 AM  Show Profile
AMY .. SOUNDS DELIGHTFUL .. I LOVE TEA PARTIES!!!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  07:56:04 AM  Show Profile
It sounds like such a fun tea! I too wish I lived close so I could "crash your tea!" LOL! By Oct. here in Spokane there weather is "iffy" and you can't depend on it for a tea. We have had gorgeous warm Octobers, but I also remember taking the kids trick or treating in the snow that was coming down with such wind it was like a blizzard!

Maybe you should have hay bales for seating to really fit the fall theme? I know you can buy them for only $2 or $3 around here. Then afterwards they are good to put on roses, etc. to protect from frost.

I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  08:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I would love to host Tea Parties as well! I absolutly ADORE tea pots and tea cups! My grandmother has absolutly smashing collection of them. I hope my mom gets them from my grandmothers estate (hopefully far in the future!!) because I know my mom will love them forever.

Hey Brenda-

When are we doing tea up at Brambleberries or whatever was decided?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/

Edited by - Alee on Sep 21 2007 08:34:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  12:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee,
We decided to wait for a bit until Carol Sue feels better and life slows down for some of us. My kids have their last fair of the season for showing bigs this weekend at the Rockford Fair and then our lives will slow down too. So we are thinking late Oct. or early Nov. We'll keep you posted. If you get a whim, why not drive down to Rockford this weekend. It's a pretty easy drive from Moscow and is such a sweet country fair . . . and it's free!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  12:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think I will be able to drive to Rockford, but thanks for the invite!

Thanks for the update on the tea! Please just let me know when you decide it would be a good time to do the tea!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  8:23:42 PM  Show Profile
You know the worst thing about being online and being able to reach out and talk to people so far away is that they are so gosh darn far away, LOL!!!! I would love to invite each and every person for tea. I have always thought the more the merrier!! I hope all the ladies who plan on getting together do manage to. It is such blessing to be able to have tea with other like minded ladies.

Amy

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fall Tea Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page