Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 VINTAGE APRON POCKET SWAP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic VINTAGE APRON POCKET SWAP Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  9:01:15 PM  Show Profile
got this idea from both that wonderful web-site on aprons and dresses (outta' england, i think) .. and from a wonderful, wonderful, children's decorating and crafts book that i got recently.

i got a bunch of 'vintage embroidered' doilies today to make 'kits' for the girls coming to MaryJane's 'sit and sew circle' here at Freedom Valley Farm in October. I'm going to try and 'whip up' a coupla' of them to hand-sew to some vintage aprons that i already own.

i thought it would be fun if some of you gurlz wanted to create a 'vintage apron pocket' swap .. BUT .. you MUST use a 'vintage' doily or fabric as part of your project .. to be a fair swap. i know this might dis-suade some of you gurlz .. but i hope not .. these little doilies can be found at antiques shoppes, flea markets and peddlar's malls for just a dollar or two or three!

all you gotta' do is make the 'pocket' .. not the whole apron .. THAT will be up to the receiver to do! you can't just send a vintage doily .. you have to 'embellish' it somehow .. you can add embroidery, applique, olde buttons, a contrasting fabric background, ribbons, rosettes .. anything that 'goes with' the doily.

if you wanna' play .. jus' e-mail me ..

NOW GURLFRENZ .. READ THE NEXT SENTENCE SEVENTY-ELEVEN TIMES .. AND CHECK IT AGAINST YOUR E-MAIL TO ME .. TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THIS INFO IN "THE BODY" OF YOUR E-MAIL TO ME. MAKES IT LOTS FASTER TO 'TRANSFER' TO A FOLDER AND TO 'FORWARD' YOUR CORRECT INFO TO YOUR SWAP PARTNER. (I'LL BE EXTENDING THIS SWAP TO MY LIST OF 'TRUE FRIENDS' WHO GET MY 'KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS' .. AND I'LL POST IT ON MY BLOG .. SOOOOOO .. YOU MIGHT NOT GET A 'MARYJANES FARMGIRL FORUM' PARTNER .. BUT YOU WILL MAKE A GREAT NEW FRIEND.

OH .. THE 'MAILING DATE' .. I LEAVE UP TO YOU AND YOUR SWAP PARTNER!

O.K. .. NOW HERE'S THE PART THAT IS IMPORTANT WHEN YOU E-MAIL ME!!!

include:

your FIRST AND LAST NAME
your E-MAIL ADDRESS

(i don't need your home addy .. you will e-mail that to your swap partner.)

if you e-mail me from MJ's forum .. start your e-mail out with:

VINTAGE APRON POCKET SWAP
MY FIRST AND LAST NAME: ___________________
MY E-MAIL ADDRESS: _______________________

thanks gurlfrenz .. i think this should be a fun one!

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic VINTAGE APRON POCKET SWAP Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page