CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:33:58 PM  Show Profile
THRILLING THURSDAY! (what are your plans for tomorrow?)

i'm meeting a good friend (Carolyn ... Clerk of our Court for Green County) for lunch at Lucy Tuckers in town ..

SAD STORY .. when i first moved here .. i met our town librarian .. a beautiful woman in her 40's i think. Her name was beautiful too: STARLOT. She accepted a postion at our Courthouse .. Assistant to my friend. Several months ago .. Starlot had a 'brain aneurism .. but it was operated on. A few weeks later .. i saw her back at work and asked how she was feeling. She said the operation was a success but that she still had bad headaches. When i returned from our latest trip to Toledo, i learned that Starlot 'chose to leave this earth'. I don't know if the headaches returned and were fierce .. (if more aneurisms were building up .. or whatever reason .. she just couldn't bear life any longer. i also learned that her own dear husband had passed away just three years ago.) i suppose i will learn more of this tragedy at lunch tomorrow. soooo very sad.

My friend has suffered a terrible loss .. in this little town .. so many people are your dear friends. Carolyn sent a sweet note to many of her girlfriends telling them how much she appreciated and loved us and didn't want so much time to pass without being together. Soooo .. we are having lunch together tomorrow. I have always attributed the fact that we moved to Green County, Kentucky to Carolyn and another new friend i had just met .. Nan .. who is our 'olde courthouse' expert and guide. When Hank came to Kentucky for the first time (i had already been here and fallen in love with the cabins, green county, kentucky and all the wonderful new friends i had made!) Well, Hank was so imopressed with the genuine care that these two women took in us .. that he said .. "if all Kentuckians are as kind and friendly as Carolyn and Nan .. i know we will love living here".

Gurlfrenz .. be sure to always tell your family and friends how very much you love and appreciate them .. and ALWAYS find TIME to be with them and make warm memories.

i adore and appreciate all of you, my dear farmgirl friends! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Across the Fence: Previous Topic THRILLING THURSDAY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page