CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  06:01:35 AM  Show Profile
i adore 'wednesday' .. (named our daughter that!) ... another suny, crisp autumn day here in central kentucky ... what do you girls have planned for the day? we're heading for louisville shortly to take honey hunk to the airport .. (he's going for a week-long sailing trip with my 'ex' husband. they are best friends)

soon's i drop him off .. i'm heading a little 'nawth' of louisville to that fun shoppe where i get some great goodies. my 'mission' today is to find some vintage table cloths and 'embroidered linens' to make some of those beautiful 'pockets' for 'tablecloth' aprons.

i've also been on a mission to find 'children's aprons' .. since our little SOFIA got a 'kitchen' for her birthday! it is sooooooo adorable! got it at pottery barn! it is 'retro-1950's pink' .. she got the refrigerator, stove, sink, dish washer, washer and dryer .. she also got the ironing board and iron .. i just ordered the 'pink vacuum' cleaner for her yesterday! google 'pottery barn' and take a peek at it .. it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo dang cute!

i also saw a nice primitive table over there that we simply did not have room for on our way to toledo (what with all the party stuff in the van!) .. if it is still there .. i'm going to get it too!

will spend the day in louisville ... jus' goin' here and there!

what are you kids up to today?

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  08:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Frannie - Next time you're going to be here in Louisville, let me know and I'll send you a map of the best thrift stores! LOL I'm walking to one on lunch today. I'll even create a nice map for you myself based on your starting point. And I'll keep a lookout for tiny aprons. Have a great day shopping - it's beautiful here weather wise today!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  08:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Hey Frannie! sounds like you have a great day planned. I'm spending my afternoon relaxing now that the littlest one just got on the school bus! I'm gonna make me some lunch, kick back, watch a little tv, and probably crochet a headband or two. I finished up my other "chores" this morning so I have the afternoon free! That's until the brood comes marching back in! lol Have a great day. Can't wait to find out what treasures you found today!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

myfairlady636
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Janice
Fort Bridger WY
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  09:04:12 AM  Show Profile
Thank your Frannie for reminding us how attitude is everything! I started out my day busy as ususal and it is so nice to just reflect on the happy things in my life as you have done. How fun it is to check out what you girls are up to and to have a positive place to reflect and share our inner selves.

I am so glad to find new friends with such uplifting ideas and joyful souls.

Friends, Janice

My Fair Lady
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  12:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Today is my 15th wedding anniversary, so I'm primping and trying to deciede where to eat tonight! lol

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  12:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Sue! Have a wonderful night on the town!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

~Tracey~
True Blue Farmgirl

351 Posts

Tracey
TN
USA
351 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  12:40:55 PM  Show Profile
WEll, the "day" is almost over and we have been to Wally World for new tires and other assorted goodies that just "have" to be bought there.... Now I am just holding a not sure what is wrong but a mild fever baby and catching up on some puter time!!

Congrats Sue!! Have a great time together!!

I wish I had found MJF and the Louisville ladies when I lived up there 3 years ago!

Tracey,
mama to Callum 14, Katie 9, Wil 6.5, Benjamin 4 and Andrew 18 months!!

http://hansenhootenanny.blogspot.com/ Family blog
http://eclecticcharm.blogspot.com/ crafty blog
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  12:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I wish you had, too, Tacey! Darn!

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  1:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Well... I had to take a drug test!!!! I think I may have landed a job in the bakery at Albertsons( A large grocery chain) but before I'm official- I had to pee in a cup! Results later on today! HEE HEE!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  7:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Busy day today -- went to pick up perennials at the nursery this morning, and then spent 3 hours at the consignment shop checking in and pricing goods. Back home to water the perennials and work on the bulb order for fall plantings. And tonight, ebay listings! And watching the CUBS!!!!!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:00:42 PM  Show Profile
hey miz janice .. let's "DO LUNCH" next time i head that-a-way! xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:02:14 PM  Show Profile
oh tammy dear ... the most precious moments in life are spent with those little ones .. the years pass so quickly and they are grown .. glad you got a little time for yourself too! xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:03:18 PM  Show Profile
my fair JANICE from Wyoming .. thanks so much for your sweet words .. you make my heart smile! xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:04:21 PM  Show Profile
oh sue .. happy! happy! anniversary .. be sure to let us know all about your anniversary dinner! hugs to you both! (how many years has it been now?) xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:06:14 PM  Show Profile
tracey .. hugs to that little wee one .. sure hope all is well now! now how far is tullahoma from the kentucky border?

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:07:14 PM  Show Profile
ha! mima .. let us know if you PASSED the PEE test! (you didn't have any 'poppyseed muffins' before your test did you!! xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:08:21 PM  Show Profile
katie .. what 'fleurs' did you buy? i'm wanting to get some MUMS tomorrow .. and more marigolds .. i just love AUTUMN shades in the garden! i gotta' order some bulbs and get them into the ground soon too!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  8:26:59 PM  Show Profile
oh! the goodies i got today! LOTS OF LINENS (to try and conjure up some apron 'POCKET' kits like on that lovely web-site for the girls who come to our 'sit and sew circle' when maryjane is here .. on the morning and early afternoon of october 11 .. i do hope all you gurlz who live nearby will join us! .. i thought we could cut them up and sew them onto fabric .. then do one round of a contrasting border .. then the girls could take them home and find another contrasting fabric and either 'back' it for a pillow .. or maybe jus' frame it .. or .. applique it to a jacket or skirt! OR .. my personal fav: find an olde apron (or new fabric) and make a POCKET from their vintage embroidered creation!

got THREE great olde chairs ... one is a captain's chair .. one is a straight back and one is a baby high chair .. ALL ANTIQUE! got a wonderful autumn-shade antique 'pitcher' .. BOOKS .. ALWAYS BOOKS! a 'pitchfork head to hang on the wall (if inside .. i hang jewelry or olde purses from the tines) .. if OUTSIDE .. then jus' for 'farm ambiance'! got a wonderful HUGE barn-red 'star' made from tobacco sticks! some great 'autumn' coffee mugs .. another olde bird house .. 2 more aprons (but alas and alack .. they were not 'children's aprons' ... ALTHOUGH .. i did find an adorable olde pattern for children's aprons .. and TWO 'prissy doll patterns' to make SOFIA a buncha' TEA PARTY rag dolls .. each with their own wardrobe .. i made one of these (but much larger .. the doll wore 'real' children's clothes and shoes!) for my first grand-daughter (who is now 21) .. i still have her dolly .. with her complete wardrobe .. we would often go to the flea market in search for shoes, socks, little purses and other 'embellishments' for her dolly! i want to do the same for sofia! i figure these little dollies will make a mos' wonderful 'springtime' gift .. maybe by then .. i will have lots of dresses and aprons and pantaloons sewn!

oh .. and i got the most magnificent VICTORIAN dress (i swear .. the waist must be about 16 or 17 inches .. a TINY WOMAN wore this one! and it was only TEN DOLLARS!!!!

well, i think i got some other treasures too .. but i haven't 'unwrapped' them yet ... got home and ran upstairs to the computer to yell at ya'll for a coupla' minutes!

but for now .. good night sweet princesses!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Sep 19 2007 8:31:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  05:01:56 AM  Show Profile
Frannie -- What wonderful finds! You must be just a whirling dervish when you shop -- wish I could join you!

I bought perennials for a client -- 'May Night' sage, 'Alma Potschke' aster, blue balloonflower, calamintha (my favorite plant of the year!), 'foxtail' ornamental grasses, baptisia, and peonies.

I just did up a big terracotta pot for another client -- used an ornamental grass, a pink aster, toadlily, variegated sage, black ornamental pepper, and a big lacy ornamental kale. Oh, and a few purple/yellow violas tucked in here and there. I like to use alot of perennials in my fall pots; often the cost is the same, and I just pop them into the garden when the season is over.

Still need to order those bulbs! I always get lots of crocus, snowdrops, scilla, daffodils, and ALLIUMS. I adore alliums! And the deer don't eat them or the daffodils. I would think you have deer visiting you, Frannie?

Well, time for a.m. tea. Have a great Thursday everyone!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  07:09:52 AM  Show Profile
oh katie .. EVERYONE is simply AMAZED .. cuz' we live IN THE FOREST .. and there are hunters who hunt deer in these woods every hunting season (i steer clear of the woods at that time!) i have only seen ONE deer actually 'down in our little valley' .. and that was soon after i moved here ... didn't have the 'pups' yet .. it was the middle of the night .. and WINTER .. the deer was drinking water from our birdfeeder! i 'think' the barking of our big 'ole dawgs (even though the spend most nights inside) that keep them away .. cuz' right up the hill .. they are always crossing over our one-lane little 'road' and eating out of the gardens of the families 'up the hill'.

i'm going to cobblestone farms today to get some pretties. she is limited in what she has .. but i always buy lots of plants from her .. it is soooooooooooooo important to support our local small-business owners. xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  11:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like you had a great day, Frannie! And yes, lets definitely 'do lunch' next time you're in town!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page