Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  6:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
I borrowed this one from my library and just started reading it. So far, it is pretty funny.

Anyone else read it?

pics from my world.. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/tra-dun/

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  08:09:56 AM  Show Profile
I read it last week and LOVED it! It really is true, sometimes I think my tomatoes do cost that much! This year I had terrible luck in the garden. There is always next year though! One thing that he wrote about made me feel better, I have been getting tired of watering, weeding, picking, etc. and was feeling bad about it (guilty really, that I was tired of my garden in only a few months) and he said that he grew tired of his garden too. He thought that at the end of the season, the garden gets tired and so does the gardener. At least I know I'm not the only one!

Let us know what you think about the book. He's a fun writter! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  7:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
Hi Cindy Lee. I love it so far. I am up to he ability to raise organic apples and finding out his dad May not have been as organic as he thought, lol. That cracked me up and the mental imagin of them putting little plastic baggies over the baby apples, then stapling them to the stems.
I did rejoice the other day. I too was lamenting over the fact that finding organic UNsprayed apples is almost like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I walked all over our 80 acres to the usual apple spots we have here and didn't find a single apple. I was bummed out and stared to walk home. I decided to see how our pond was doing and on my walk back home from the pond, I passed by a small grouping of trees we have. I glanced up and low and behold, I struck gold!!!!! This tree, has never before bared any apples to speak of. The ones it has bared were tiny hard bug riddled things. This were gorgous. I was laughing out loud and dancing around. Screaming I found unsprayed apples, ha it can be done, lol That find made my day in a big way. I picked 17 yellow apples with a pretty pinkish blush. They are so sweet and juicy. I went back this morning with the pick up and climbed up and picked 19 more, that I could reach.
I have to tell you Cindy Lee, I am in heaven!! If I could find the authors email, I would take a pic of my apples and send it to him, with the heading.. these babies are organic and Not Sprayed, lol.
I hate to think what the total cost of that garden was. Now, don't we all wished we had a landscaper, designer and someone to mow our yards, lol.

pics from my world.. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/tra-dun/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  12:32:39 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'd like to have a landscaper/gardener too but I think his actually made MORE work for him! Besides, I don't have that kind of $$$! Happy to hear about your apples, you didi get lucky! I was in California last week and found some myself. They weren't too pretty but made great applesauce! Let me know when you finish the book. Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic The 64 Dollar Tomatoe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page