UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  2:37:56 PM  Show Profile
I think I found the horse for me. My friend is going to try her out for me tomorrow since the horse is located in Illinois and I'm in Georgia. My friend is in the area this week and knows this person. She got her two previous missouri foxtrotters from her. (and her horses are wonderful) So if the horse is half as good as they made her sound I am going to look at her and get her later this month. I'm going to make a deposit at a local barn this weekend that is only 10 minutes from my house for boarding starting in October to hold my stall. I talked to my sister about this horse and what it will do for my autistic daughter and her therapy and for my own sanity and she said she would pay for the horse for me and is sending me a check for it this week. (She makes a very good living) So my sweet sister is buying the horse as a gift for my daughter. She is an 11yr old grey missouri foxtrotter mare with black mane and tail and black up her legs to her knees. She is a show horse with extensive trail expirence and is very docile, sane and sound. She stands still and lets children run all around her and the owners 3 year old son will run up to her and grab her leg and she just stops. She has never bitten, reared or bucked and is as broke as they come. They just put her in a show this August with a beginner after being in pasture most of the year and she came away with blue ribbons in every category they placed her in. So cross your fingers girls and hopefully she will be the one for me. My friend will be taking pictures for me tomorrow and hopefully I can upload them when I get them.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  4:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
She sounds wonderful Ayako! I hope it works out for you and your sister is very sweet!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  04:59:24 AM  Show Profile
Well I'm off to pay the deposit to hold my stall at the ranch. I've called a vet in the Illinois area near where the horse is and we are going to arrange a time that is best for the current owner and the vet to come out to do a pre-purchase exam. I looked up this horse by name and state in a google search and she came in first in the Illinois state fair this year for foxtrotters. She came in first in 1999 for 3yr old foxtrotters as well. I don't know what other shows she's been in and unfortunately there are no pictures. My friend is taking video of her this weekend for me instead of just pictures. I can't wait to see her myself but she said she is a wonderful horse and if I don't want her, she'll take her!
Other than the pre-purchase exam (no xrays unless the vet suggests) and a 1 month health certificate to transport across state lines what else do I need from the vet? Any questions I should be asking of the owner and the vet? My friend will go up with me and her horse trailer, she said I can borrow all the shipping stuff, ie shipping boots etc for the trip.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  05:03:22 AM  Show Profile
This is so exciting for you! Can't wait to see pictures of the lovely gal.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  07:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would ask is she has any particular sensitive areas or fears. Like hard to load in trailer or afraid of things flapping in the wind or a particularly ticklish belly. I would also ask if they have gotten her teeth floated recently and if she is needing soon. I would also ask if you can contact them with further questions because they are bound to come up!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  6:22:25 PM  Show Profile
What a nice thing for your sister to do! I hope the mare turns out to be the one! Way to go!

Winona :-)

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Go to Top of Page

BlueRoseMama
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Val

51 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2007 :  04:33:01 AM  Show Profile
That is super sweet! Congratulations! I can't wait to see picture of your new buddy. :)

Val

Val ~ I am a whole food cooking, swing pushing, boo-boo kissing, paper crafting, breastfeeding, creative sewing, attachment parenting, woodworking, guitar playing, gardening, constantly reading, artistic and lovely full time, granola lovin' mama to my three sweetlings, Alex (7/20/96), Cyan (7/13/01), and baby Logan (1/22/07).

http://goddesshobbies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  02:43:10 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait! My friend and I are leaving this friday to do a horse clinic in Alabama and she said afterward let's take a detour and go get your horse. We are still trying to figure out the details on how to get to Springfield IL from this remote spot in Alabama but I'm sure we'll try.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  06:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
YAY!!! That is great! I am so excited for you!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  09:44:38 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see pics!

Check out the new designs at my Cafe Press Store!
http://cafepress.com/mustangfever

http://carpentercreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Horse quest almost over! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page