grammy-o
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Lisa
Greenville WI
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  11:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Hello! I'm a 40 year old single mother of 4 girls and grammy to 1 grandson. Have 7 horses, and a St. Bernard. I have had a farm of my own for 7 years, and just bought another with my fiance. After unloading a couple wagons of hay last night after my day job, my 15 year old daughter (the baby) asked if I was planning to sell any of the horses. I told her no more than I planned on selling any of my other girls:) I've gone through the to broke to eat stage since buying my own place, and it sure is nice to be able to say I did it myself! My fiance has said I can't sell the "old farm" because it's mine and I worked too hard to get it and keep it to get rid of it. However, it's surrounded by subdivisions and "city" people. 11 new houses in seven years and it's the last chunk of land in our "town" that can be divided into 1/2 acre lots. The "new" farm is surrounded by farm land that other people own and if I can buy up some of their land, I'll probably sell my old farm. It's not what I want to do, but I'm beginning to get squeezed out, can't even ride my horses on the side of the road to get to the trail which is less than 2 miles away without the neihgbors complaining about the "fertilizer" they may leave behind.:) Guess they just don't understand organics!

Let's keep FARM LAND as FARM LAND!

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  11:40:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Linda, Many of us are feeling this same squeeze - but you're luck that you have options! Good for you!

Take a look around, become familiar, and please read the Member Update post in the Welcome Wagon for some good get-acquainted advice!

Glad you found us!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  11:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
Welcome fellow Wisconsinite! There are still some of us who recognize the gold your horses drop along their way! You will find many of us here!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2005 :  12:53:14 PM  Show Profile
HI Lisa, welcome from another Wisconsite !!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New in Wisconsin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page