Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Help! What is this quilt pattern??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help! What is this quilt pattern?? Next Topic  

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  09:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
This is the front and this is the back I bought this quilt Saturday at an auction. I know absolutely nothing about quilt patterns and I'm going to put this one up for sale in my booth. Can anybody help me???

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  09:13:44 AM  Show Profile
Wow, what a great quilt you got! The pattern, to me, looks like a slight variation on two similar designs, the Dresden Plate and the Aster. A Dresden Plate design has a curved, roundness at the top of each "spoke" of the circle, and the Aster has pointed tips at the end of each "spoke" but it looks as if the pieces in your quilt were cut straight across, making it easier to piece.

I will keep looking to see if I can find anything else that looks exactly like it!

Jeannie

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 10 2007 09:18:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  09:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Jeannie! I really appreciate your help. :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  10:03:13 AM  Show Profile
If I were you, I would call it the Lifesaver Peppermint pattern and use a voice of authority! :) Just joking with you.....

Women who made quilts often made up their own patterns and did variations of it, and that is one of the wonderful things about quilting. It is not umcommon to find a quilt that has no official name to the pattern.

The backing fabric looks pretty vintage, like maybe the forties. Is that what you think?

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  10:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Yes, it that is the time frame I estimated from the material. And I think your name is pretty cool and very descriptive of how it looks! :D

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Help! What is this quilt pattern?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page