Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  10:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug, Nora, and I left on Sunday and drove to meet my mom and my sisters in Billings, Montana. We did some very late night Wal-Mart shopping and went to bed, then did bridal extravaganza on Monday. Lots of shopping and trying on of garments and such. We made it to Worland late Monday night.

Tuesday was horrible. In the morning my poor dog Seanee that had been a birthday present for my 13th birthday couldn't get up. We brought water to her and she drank about a quart and finally was able to stumble outside. She pottied, walked 5 feet and then couldn't get up again. Our vet was out working on cattle and couldn't come in so we had to drive her to a vet over 40 miles away and leave her there. She was given 4 shot and an IV but was very weak and very very anemic. She ended up getting a blood transusion, pills through out the day, and IV. At about 8pm the vet called and said she wasn't going to make it and we had to drive back to put her to sleep. It was terribly sad, but very peaceful for her. She wagged her tail the best she could right up until the end. She was a wonderful dog and companion and she is terribly missed already. We couldn't leave her behind so we had her cremated so we can legally bury her in town.

Wednesday was playing catchup from Thursday. My friend Eva flew in from North Carolina and we were working on everything from Gown alterations to table center pieces to Doug's tux alterations. My grandparents also came.

Thursday and Friday we worked like crazy to get everything done. My dad was still working on the waterfall and the yard the day of! Yikes!

But we got everything done and the ceremony was beautiful. The Ring Bearers got the ring pillows mixed up so we had to switch them, and then Doug put the rings on my fingers backwards and on the wrong hand! LOL But it was lovely and I am Married!!

Oh and I had both my mom and my dad walk we down the aisle. We got 260 (unedited number) of photos so I am just waiting for the link from the photographer to share.

Sky-Dog was loose for the wedding. She was supposed to be locked up but we were of course running late so it didn't happen.

One of my other friends, Pam, was able to fly in from California and one of my bridesmaids didn't show. We had an extra dress for Pam so she got to be in the wedding, but one of Doug's groomsmen didn't get the message that he was supposed to be in the wedding party so he didn't particiate.

Nora fussed lot that evening, but that was worked out with minimal mommy interference.

My cake was amazing!

The weather turned cold so we had a fire in the fire pit and I danced to "Butterfly Kisses" with my dad and "Here's to the Night" with Doug.

Everyone was so wonderful and kind and so helpful. I loved my wedding and it is so fun to be married! :) yay!

Thank you all for you kind wishes and I was thinking of you too!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  11:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee,
How wonderful, andit sounds like you have the most precious memories of your special day.
I am so sorry to hear about your dog, Seanee, but you die, with a brave heart, the right thing.
Congrats to you, little miss nora & Doug.
So, how's "Mrs" feel?

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 09 2007 11:01:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  11:03:58 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about Seanee.

Congratulations again on your marriage! It sounds like you had a lovely day :) Can't wait to see the pictures.

btw what is the significance/story behind Eve 6's Heres to the Night?

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  11:10:44 PM  Show Profile
Yay! What a happy whirlwind time! So sorry to hear about your childhood pet--it's very sad, but she waited to see you off and taken care of, I know.

All of those little things that happened are just memories to share with Nora when she's older. Except, what's with a bridesmaid not showing up?

Congratulations, and now, RELAX!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  11:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like the wedding was so wonderful..and congrats on being a Mrs. now!!!
So sorry to hear about Seanee. Good that you were there for her and didn't just get a phone call telling you about it after, right? It is so hard to see our beloved pets go.
Now you can relax girl!!!! (well, as much as a mother can, right?)

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  12:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
When Doug and I first started dating after about 4 months he returned to college and Eve6's "Here's to the Night" was just the perfect song so it turned into "our" song. The lyrics don't fit perfectly now- but they seemed to back then. It was the only song that made sense to dance to for our wedding :)

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  03:52:00 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Alee! I'm so glad for you and Doug--and for Nora. Weddings are supposed to be crazy--More fun that way! And, I, too, am sorry your Seanee has died. What an emotion-packed time for you.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  05:23:19 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry about your sweet dog, Alee...but it sounds like you had a wonderful wedding and a lot of excitement! Congratulations on becoming a 'Mrs' and many wonderful years in your new life!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  05:32:21 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Alee! It sounds like a wonderful day...hope we get to see pictures!
But I am also sorry about your doggie. What a week!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9348 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9348 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  05:57:11 AM  Show Profile
Alee,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and companion, Seanee, We just recently lost one of ours and it is very emotional I know. I still tear up when I think of her. It hasn't been a month yet.

On a happier note, Congratulations on your marriage! May you two always put the other first in your life.
Hope we shall soon see pictures!

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  06:10:31 AM  Show Profile
What a fun, happy, whirlwind wedding. Ah memories!!
Sorry to hear about your childhood pet but she waited for you and knows everything is ok. Transitions. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  06:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Looking forward to seeing pictures from your wedding, Alee.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  07:52:24 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you Alee, also Doug and Nora. I got mixed up, thought it was next weekend and with all that's going on here, didn't get the rose petals sent to you. I'm sorry :( Glad the wedding went well, despite the little glitches. Saw there was snow in Wyoming, glad it didn't affect the wedding other than getting cold. We've missed your cheery posts, glad to have you back home and with us again.
Hugs from Ronna
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  07:53:44 AM  Show Profile
Your wedding sounds like it was a beautiful country wedding.Everyone is right the little things that go wrong are what makes it unique and later on amusing! What a wonderful family the three of you are. I am so sorry about Seanee. It touched me so much though, it seems the little fellow truly did wait for you and knew you were going to be happy and loved before he knew it was alright to go on. "Mrs Alee", you have a great adventure waiting for you, enjoy it to the fullest!

God Bless all of you!
Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  08:29:42 AM  Show Profile
congratulations Alee.
sorry to hear about your pet though.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  08:34:06 AM  Show Profile
Alee -
How beautiful - endings and new beginnings. Reminded me of this quote:

"Endings are always sad, beginnings alittle scary and it's the middle that gives HOPE a chance to float."

So to you, Doug and Nora wishing you all the hope of dreams come true.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  08:57:40 AM  Show Profile
Wishing you much happiness Alee! I'm so sorry about Seanee, what a terrible thing to go through. Hugs, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
http://luzy.etsy.com- My etsy store!
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  10:11:00 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations!! So wonderful to hear all about it! While Lucas and i were eating dinner on Saturday night, I said, 'Well, Alee and Doug should be married now'. So fun to think of you two as we were boringly (I think that word is made up) eating dinner.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  10:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you, Alee!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  11:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Alee! I'm glad you think being married is fun. I've been married a while now and I still think it's fun. Here's wishing you both many years of fun!

Go to Top of Page

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  12:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I'm glad you had a wonderful day even if some of the events were not happy ones. You made it through and now you are a "MRS."

Best Wishes,

Camille

www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/14088
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  12:14:59 PM  Show Profile
So happy for you Alee!! It all sounds wonderful!! I'm still working on your yard sale swap goodies but hope to ship soon, how about you? Let me know when will be a good time for you?

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  3:21:32 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I'm so sorry about Seanee. I teared up reading that part, but I was smiling by the end of your post. Sounds like you had a crazy time. Great memories for later. Hope to see your pictures soon.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  6:01:45 PM  Show Profile
MRS. You go girl!!!!! I was so glad to see your post and here about all the events and memories taht yu will have.
I am sorry that you lost Seanee and friend, but glad you were home to be there.
Yes, we are really looking forward to pictures and
for you and Doug and Nora to have a very sweeet life.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  6:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Alee, Thank you for the update. I am very happy for you.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  9:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Yay! Mrs Alee. I'm so buzzed for you. Ring on the wrong finger? Too funny!

Friends are the best collectables.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Update on my Trip/ Wedding Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page