Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sunday traditions Next Topic  

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  6:56:08 PM  Show Profile
I just LOVE Sundays! Favorite day of the week, bar none. Our family always gets together and plays board games, eats a big dinner, makes SEVERAL desserts, watches movies, gets loud. My oldest daughter and I usually basket up a few dozen eggs and deliver them to various friends and neighbors. We sit around the piano and sing, or the women sit around and work on our hand projects (quilts, crochet, scrapbooks, etc.).

Made me wonder if everyone loves it as much as I do? What do you do on Sunday?

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  11:08:48 PM  Show Profile
Molly,
I too am a traditional "Sunday is for Family" person.
Chruch, lunch w/hubby & taking little sightseeing drives are so good for the soul. I also love Lazy Sundays, when the guys fiddel out in the garage & my daughter & I can sneak out to a Cafe'/Bistro for coffee & dessert.
My heart goes out to those who work in Retail and get schuled to work Sundays and can not be with their families.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 05 2007 11:09:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  12:28:42 AM  Show Profile
We are usualy traveling back and forth to our various properties on a Sunday. Checking fences and cattle. I can't wait until we are more settled and can relax on Sundays again.

Friends are the best collectables.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  03:36:58 AM  Show Profile
When my brother and I still lived at home, Sundays were always so relaxed.

After church, we'd have a steak dinner on the grill then we'd all take naps, read the paper and play board games in the evening. Over the games, we'd eat popcorn.

Dad still has a bowl wheneve he can, and it's not the microwave type either.

Most sundays these days is when we all call each other just to say hi and reconnect.
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  04:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
A few months ago we started a "family dinner" on Sundays at my home and I just love it. By family I mean my immediate, plus grandparents, in-laws, cousins, etc. We've had as few as six and as many as sixteen depending on how busy the farmers are.
Julia

Julia
BlueApple Farm
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/BlueAppleFarm/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9354 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9354 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  4:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Our Sundays are usually the same: church, dinner, quiet afternoon movie or the younger ones get together with friends for coffee at Starbucks then back to evening service at church.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  12:06:16 AM  Show Profile
Sundays are my favorite day. This last year I became very convicted about "keeping the sabbath" after realizing it isn't some "live by the law" kind of thing but actually it was first done as I time for relaxing and refreshing your soul. So our Sunday consists of church, either a crock pot lunch that fixes itself while we are in church or a cheap dinner out with the family. The afternoons are spent playing with the kids, maybe a leisurely nap or something fun like poking around at open houses, going for a walk, perhaps a country drive, etc. In the evening, we are a part of a wonderful small group from our church. The kids all hang together while the adults have a wonderful time of fellowship and Bible study. Sundays are the one day of the week I can be lazy and not feel guilty. I love it!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sunday traditions Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page