Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Shirley You are the Sweetest person.. EVER!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Shirley You are the Sweetest person.. EVER! Next Topic  

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  08:19:14 AM  Show Profile
Ok.. Girls..
Most of you know that I really do have such a stressful Job..
I mean it's not physicaly hard.. but the work I do Really takes a toll on you emotionally.. & I know that sounds so stupid to say..

Because all I do is sit at a Computor all day long and answer the phone.. ALLLLLLL Dayyyyyy Long!! But.. It's call.. afer call.. after callll..

My calls are mostly incoming calls.. Unless I need to do some research.. or call someone back..
But.. I'm in Guest Services.. or a Guest Relations type Position.. & it's really a supervisors type role.. So.. the calls i receive. are ALL escalated calls.. meaning that EVERYONE of my calls are potentialy going to be a bad call.. & more so then not.. a VERY bad call..
I joke about the Screamers & Cussing people that I deal with to you all.. But it's true.. That's pretty much the bulk of my day.. Listening to someone scream.. & yell & swear for as long as they decide that's what they need or want to do.. Because I'm not allowed to hang up on then.. no matter how awful they get.. I just have to try to reel them in & keep control of the call.. & bring them back down to earth as best I can.. But.. You know some people just won't.. & usualy.. by the time they've reached me.. They are beyond reaching..

You know when you call somewhere & you feel that the call isn't going so well.. or that things aren't quite right.. or to your satisfaction.. Or maybe you just don't seem to jive with that person that your speaking to.. For what ever eason..? & You Ask for a Supervisor? ok.. Well say THAT call seems to not go so well.. Your STILL not getting you way.. things STILL aren't going so well for you.. & your STILL not happy.. So you ask for yet THAT person's Supervisor! ( Now I know that YOU all probably Never have had to do this.. But REALLY People do this ALLLL the time..!)
Well THAT next Person is ME!
So.. can you imagine the type's of people That I am getting on the phone???
Wretched,, horrible.. Miserable with life people!!
THAT'S Who i'm Getting!!
That have nothing in the world else to do but COMPLAIN!! & want
something for nothing!! THOSE are who I have to speak to on the phone.. ALLL day long..!

ok.. I know.. Depressed the heck out of everyone just then didn't I??
Sorry!
I did have a point here though!!
Shirley!!
MY SHIRLEY!!
Do you all want to know what this Pumpkin did?
I came home from work yesterday.. & there was a nice sized envelope on the coffee table.. ( My Husband always puts my mail there so I can look at it while we visit & unwind once I'm home..)
I saw that it was From our Dear Shirley!! & Said OHHHH!! Look at Shirley Honey!! She is such a funny kid! She's hurried & gotten her Mini Apron's into me for the Halloween Mini Apron Swap This time Because Her's got Lost last Time!! & we both laughed about it.. because he Knows how upset We ALLLL were over poor Shirley's Never showing up because of the stupid Mail!
So I sat on the couch.. It was late.. like 10pm.. Had a piece of chicken.. yes.. very late dinner.. But. remember I JUST got home from Work!
& then I opened her envelope .. expecting her Mini's..
Nope.
No Mini's.. yet Girls..
Shirley sent me the absolutle most beautiful Hand made ( Yes.. I'm crying now even telling you..)
What is it Shirley?
Needlepoint? Or Cross Stitched?
Tea Towel.. Of alittle Girl strolling along, she's wearing an Apron & a Bonnet.. with a basket full of fruit.. it has flowers.. a Bird..
A little dog. There's a little cottage off in the distance.. It says "shop" on it..
Girls..
SOBBING..
I was just bawling.. I just could not get over how sweet this was of her..
I can't even type now from all the snot!
But it's the most gracious thing i think anyone has ever done..
Shirley.. Thank you So much.. The timeing really couldn't have been more perfect.. I just love it..Thank you..

YOU Really Made my Day you know!!
I love ya Girl!

I really hate my damn job..

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Sep 05 2007 11:36:56 AM

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  09:27:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Aww that is so sweet!! I hope it brought you some comfort, in knowing that you really are appreciated by some good people.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  09:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
That was so nice of her! Enjoy your gift - it sounds so beautiful.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  09:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh I'm sooo happy for you Kathie! Farmgirls ARE the BEST! Is there any way you could find another job-computer skills like yours are sooo needed!many hugs Sister!!!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  3:00:38 PM  Show Profile
aww that is so very very sweet. Shirley and all of the farmgals here are true "keepers" and so very sweet. I think it is amazing how we farmgirls just seem to "know" what each other need at certain times and the RAOK have almost always arrived for us all at the times we could use a little "lift". Farmgirls are absolutely the very best!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  11:37:03 PM  Show Profile
Awwwwww gosh Kathie, blush blush
Your very welcome, its embroidery.
Im working on the minis though LOL
Shirley
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Shirley You are the Sweetest person.. EVER! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page