Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Update on the Spokane Farmgirls Tea
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Update on the Spokane Farmgirls Tea Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  5:12:06 PM  Show Profile
I did some checking and there are 3 levels of tea at Brambleberry Cottage ranging. The first level is $15 and includes tea, finger sandwiches and assorted desserts. The second level is $18 and includes tea, finger sandwiches, scones and assorted desserts, the third is considered "high tea" and is $22.00. It includes tea, finger sandwiches, scones, crumpets (that's my cat's name . . . well of course my other cat is named truffle! LOL!) and assorted desserts. I checked into two other tea houses and they are similar prices. If we want to go cheaper, another thought is Madelaines, which is supposed to be a fun French restaurant that supposedly has meals for around $7.00. It is downtown. The date has been set for Saturday, Sept. 29th and we can make reservations once I know if you prefer tea or a French lunch. The one thing I do need to state regarding the teas is that if you don't show after we have made a reservation for you, they will still charge us, so it takes a strong commitment.

If my house wasn't so torn up I'd love to have you all over for tea . . . I love that kind of thing and am the Queen of china (in fact when the crew packed up all my stuff for the demolition to repair our flood, they told me I get the award for most china ever! LOL!) but that will have to be down the road a bit.

Anyone wanting to join us contact me for more info. I have been trying since last October to get this going and it seems all of you waited to join MaryJane's forum until this spring. Finally my waiting for Spokane Farmgirls is coming to an end!! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  5:32:11 PM  Show Profile
hey Brenda, why don't we talk about that one at the get together next Thursday.
Sound like a good idea?????

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  6:35:25 PM  Show Profile
Fine by me. I just know teas want reservations far in advance. Madelaines probably not as far in advance.

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  8:08:09 PM  Show Profile
http://www.ejrobertsmansion.com/

Look at how cool this is!! It is in historic Brownes Edition and they do victorian teas. I will call tomorrow for prices.

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  8:59:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda,
Location & time are not an issue for me, I will be there with rings on my fingers & bells on my toes and an apron tied about my waist. lol!
Love the names of your kitties! >^..^<See you next Thursday too!
Pinkies up ladies!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 29 2007 9:00:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  12:34:46 AM  Show Profile
ok so i will be there but for some reason sept 29th seems very familiar. I might have something else going on and I have no clue wait(darn it i swear the baby is eating my brain cells faster then i can recover from it)

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  07:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
HEHEHE- I love that phrase KatMom! I always laugh when I hear it because my mom actually had some jewelry from Bellydancing that was toe rings with bells on it! HEHEHE...

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  09:46:26 AM  Show Profile
I'm in, on any Saturday except the first Saturday of the month.
I vote for a tea room rather than Madeleine's. Madeleine's has little bistro-style tables, and it is not a "served" restaurant, you order at the counter and then they bring it to you.
I would LOVE to got to EJ Roberts Mansion. I posted on another thread their price, which is $25. The only thing with EJ Roberts, is they schedule the Victorian Teas on set dates, and you have to go on their dates only. They are a B&B and also cater weddings and other receptions there. Anyhow, if the date works out (which it doesn't look like they have set the dates yet), I'd love to go there.
Otherwise, Brambleberry WITH SCONES! (gotta have scones at tea!!! IMHO) gets my vote.
I'm so looking forward to this! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile
I will check with EJ Roberts after Thursday as Carol Sue wanted me to wait. I am just concerned that it may fill up, as Saturdays are pretty popular. If EJ is not available than we can either do Vintage Truffle or Brambleberries. Did you know that Vintage Truffle actually does "mobile teas" with her sweet little vintage trailer . . . all done up in shabby chic!! Maybe we could sit in the middle of a wheat field whilst having high tea and crumpets!! LOL! Just some thoughts but we better decide quickly so they aren't full. Ta, Ta, for now (practicing my English Tea Talk!! LOL!)

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  2:51:24 PM  Show Profile
I don't have a wheat field but I do have 5 acres of "dirt" minus a 30x60 workshop(still under construction)...
Hopefully by next year I will have a victory garden, a veggi garden & a sunflower garden, & yes, a whole acres of lavender plants....wish me luck!
So maybe next year we can have V.T. bring her little gold tea trailer out to my place...
I am still planing on a High Tea as well as a Martini party here, but I just need to finish getting everything done & in place here. I'll let you all know when that is.
In the mean time, Brenda, I am still good for the date & location of the tea get together.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  2:54:24 PM  Show Profile
Wow it all sounds good to me, figured on Thursday there would be enough of us to talk it out, I have no concerns where we go, Brenda tell us what you find out about EJ, sheezzee, I just typed mj.....brain on blink......
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  5:52:13 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of teas I keep forgetting to mention that when I lived in Minnesota I volunteered at the beautiful Conservatory in St. Paul. For fund raisers they would hold a tea a couple of times a year. It was held in the North Garden where the plants and trees all had a "economic benefit" to people. It looked like a tropical jungle. I would be a "server" or "greeter" at these teas. It was fun to see how the people "dressed up for it". The best part that we got to eat the leftovers : ) JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  09:36:36 AM  Show Profile
Hey Joann, that sounds so cool.
Near the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Pasadena, at the Huntington Library-Rose Garden, they had a small Tea cottage that had High Teas by appointment. Some of the ladies that helped there were Docents/volunteers. If it had not been a 45min drive I would have loved to been a volunteer too.
How cool that you had the opportunity to volunteer @ the Conservatory.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  4:29:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh no! I'm catering for a quilt retreat on the 29th. And I so wanted to come to tea. Maybe the next one. I also didn't make it to the Buggy Barn show with you guys. Are any of you planning to attend the quilt show in Spokane in October? I think it's around the 19th.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  8:20:42 PM  Show Profile
EJ Roberts Mansion called today and their next scheduled Victorian Tea is Sunday, September 16. She did say that if we have a "group" that we could request a date and they would schedule around us, i.e., announce it for others to attend that day also. But it sounds like Saturday is the day of choice, and I am good with BrambleBerry or Vintage Truffle. So, y'all decide on Thursday and let us know! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  11:50:16 PM  Show Profile
Okay Judy will let ya know.
Marcia, did you see the post about lunch on Thursday. Emailed you.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  06:49:08 AM  Show Profile
it all sounds so fun! i did go to lunch at Madeleine's while visiting there several years ago. Also do considering having at 'tea' at someone's home .. it can be soooooooo much fun. I'm having a 'tea party' to celebrate my granddaughter's FIRST birthday .. and OH MY! i have had such fun preparing for it! I have tons of ideas if you girls ever decide to do one yourselves. Although .. the 'ambiance' of a 'tea room' and being served and pampered is pretty great too! xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  10:45:09 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Frannie,
what time shall we arrive @ your house for Sofia's Tea Party? giggle, giggle!
You are right, it is fun to be pampered w/tea & goodies, listening to beautiful music & laughter while at the table enjoying cup of tea & friendship.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 02 2007 10:46:09 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Update on the Spokane Farmgirls Tea Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page