Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 What part of the house do you hate to clean?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What part of the house do you hate to clean? Next Topic
Page: of 2

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  11:10:30 AM  Show Profile
Jana, if I were you, I'd just stop cleaning his bathroom (unless it really bothers YOU). If he said he'd keep it clean, he should keep it clean or deal with it being a mess...

I HATE DISHES AND FLOORS!!!!
The two things that never STAY DONE! We have Pergo-like floors and I detest them. They are always streaky and show every footprint (although maybe that's the layer of dust LOL) and seem to be instantly dirty after being swept, dust-mopped, and wet-mopped...I've even tried vacuuming and I can still never get all the dust removed before I mop... I just figure what's the point in putting in all that work on something when it will be moments before it looks as if you haven't done it for weeks.
Dishes are just plain boring and the only time I 'like' to do them is when I'm really MAD. They also never stay done for very long. I do have to admit that I like having them DONE before bed, so I don't have to look at them in the morning when I'm grumpy...but I don't like to DO them. I'm thankful for my children growing older. ; }
Am I horrible for having given this chore over to my 11 yo DS (the little ones help, too)? At least they're done more frequently now!

Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  11:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey I am already look forward to when Nora can actually help around the house! I started doing chores when I was 5. It was my job to feed the dog and cats every day. At my house growing up, we rotated chores every week. So one person did bathrooms, one person did the dishes, one person had vacuuming, one person had garbage, one person had dusting, and one person had laundry. (I think that was the break down). It really helped alot. As much as you might hate a chore- you always knew you only had to do it for a week! :D

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2007 :  9:06:53 PM  Show Profile
DUSTING!!!! It never goes away!!!!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2007 :  5:42:04 PM  Show Profile
I HATE THE DISHWASHER!! Even though my kids usually do it, I get stuck enough to despise it. I hate cleaning off the kitchen table too since it is hardly ever my stuff and I don't know where to put all the mail, husband's work papers, etc. It makes me nuts, but I love a clean kitchen.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  3:28:31 PM  Show Profile
hate to clean...let's see..that would be the sink...especially the one that is full of dishes...I can't stand washing dishes. I'll tell you what I'll come clean your bathrooms if you come wash my dishes!
BLEK!!!!!
Hugs..lol..
Jessie

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!

www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  5:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL- Jessie! I only like to wash the dishes when there are only a few and it is a bright sunny but cold day out! I don't know what it is about seeing bright cold sunshine but having my hands in hot water, but I can actually enjoy the dishes (if they aren't too grody!) then!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

gateway girl
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Shari
Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  4:46:32 PM  Show Profile
I would have to say my least favorite cleaning job is the bathroom and unfortunately I have 4 of them. I do all of them in one cleaning session so that I can say "not again for another week". They take forever!

Shari

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment, it's not just about survival. Live every second to it's fullest!

Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  05:44:33 AM  Show Profile
I hate de-cluttering. I have a daycare, so not only am I home all day, but the kids have toys everywhere and my husband is in and out all day.

I hate that I have to spend an hour putting things where they belong just to start the actual cleaning!

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  06:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Washing windows or the outside of the house. In LA everything gets this green algae that sticks like glue & it's an all day project to pressure wash the house or clean windows. Am I only limited to one chore I dislike???? :) I dislike immensely the chores of vacuuming and dusting, cleaning the tub, and cleaning knick-knacks in the kitchen because we don't have a vent for the stove and everything gets a greasy coat of dust and goo.
Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  08:10:40 AM  Show Profile
I don't like any of it either but my least favorite would be the floors. I don't mind to sweep or vacuum, but I don't like mopping. For some reason it hurts my back. I'm lucky that my husband doesn't mind doing it.

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What part of the house do you hate to clean? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page