Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Stupid knitting needle question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Stupid knitting needle question Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  1:45:24 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm getting the hang of this knitting thing, but the more complicated patterns I encounter call sometimes, for changing needle sizes.

None of my books address it. Here's how I think it's done, but I'm probably wrong:

finish your row, pick up different sized needle. Start knitting next row ONTO different sized needle. Pick up the other needle. Ta Da!

I guess what I'm saying is I can't imagine that you would bind off or anything, or try to slip the cast on stitches onto a different sized needle.

Anyhoo, any help is greatly appreciated for this novice knitter!!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  1:49:24 PM  Show Profile
Right - you just pick up the new needle size and continue knitting - for one row you will be using two different size needles. It works out just fine.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  1:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Sherri! Now I can move on ahead! I made a kercheif last night out of this pretty salmon colored cotton thread so I could practice my knit front/back stitches to increase on either end. It turned out too cute!

Woo hoo! More projects are coming!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Stupid knitting needle question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page