Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Anyone made the topsy-turvy doll??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone made the topsy-turvy doll?? Next Topic  

lasagefemme
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Lisa
eastern Washington
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  09:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see lasagefemme's MSN Messenger address
From the Stitching Room work book??? I'm just hoping to see some more pix of this doll. I wanna get started on her soon. Inspire me :)

Lisa

*Drink RAW milk*

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  4:30:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lisa,

I haven't made that particular one but have done others over the years. I did fairy tale characters, boy/girl and black/white dolls. Once you figure out the basic construction you can think up all kinds of variations.

I have sold any topsy-turvy dolls I made, and sadly never took pictures. I make sure to photograph everything I do these days. I'll anxiously await pictures of your dolls-or any others that are posted! I always love to see what other dollmakers come up with!

Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.

Edited by - abbasgurl on Aug 27 2007 4:32:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  4:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Had one when I was little, wish I still had it.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  5:31:02 PM  Show Profile
I had one when I was little, too. Oh Nancy Jo is that really you? My mother made mine and it was the only doll I ever liked, had or wanted. We don't know what happened to her. Lost in a move I guess. She was sleeping and in a nightie on one side and awake and in a dress flipped over. I think I still miss her. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  5:53:12 PM  Show Profile
I found these and many other patterns available at www.sewfunpatterns.com/dollpatterns

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

lasagefemme
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Lisa
eastern Washington
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  11:30:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see lasagefemme's MSN Messenger address
Yup, I've seen those patterns :) The sleeping/awake one always kinda freaked me out. Sorta like a two-headed child. At least the character dolls have different identities. LOL Rhonda........I posted a couple pix of dolls under the "wool" thread..... I have LOTS to do before the holidays. Of course I'll share pix...but only if you will too!

Lisa

*Drink RAW milk*
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  9:50:26 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, I'm off to look for your photos. I have a few pictures of dolls here somewhere in the stitching section...look for primitive dolls (???) something or other.

So...my picture posting is "somewhat" limited. I am using a 10 year old Gateway computer (with a 24,000 dial up connection)...something like 9 mgs of memory...LOL The GOOD news is...I am awaiting delivery of my NEW computer any day now. The printer was delivered yesterday. After it's installed we are adding satellite internet service. So now how impressed are you that I am here at all!? LOL

Look out Ladies she's goin' high tech!

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  06:19:58 AM  Show Profile
Yay, Rhonda!!! I just got satellite internet service and said good bye to dial-up. It's great. MB

Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  06:42:37 AM  Show Profile
I had the strangest dream last night about these dolls. I kept saying you can make them with a pattern and was showing someone the doll. Now the forum is in my dreams.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  7:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Too much time at the farm Janet? LOL

Lisa I just adore your dolls! Strega Nona is my most favorite! Fun, Fun, Fun!

I am interested in contacting the gentleman who recycles wool for stuffing, sounds great! I stuff with wool in almost all of my things but it is very expensive to do so. I'm so happy to hear someone finally is doing this! Thanks Lisa!

Rhonda

Edited by - abbasgurl on Aug 29 2007 7:37:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

MullersLaneFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Rock Falls IL
596 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  10:56:38 AM  Show Profile
I made one for my daughter years ago. A very simple one. One doll had a smile, the other a frown stitched on the faces.

I know she still has it. I'll see if she'll let me borrow it for pictures

Cyndi
Muller's Lane Farm http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Anyone made the topsy-turvy doll?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page