Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Drought causes mini Rose of Sharon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Drought causes mini Rose of Sharon Next Topic  

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  08:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
This pathetic thing is actually a Rose of Sharon that has come up in a perennial bed next to our little camper. The drought here is so severe that the poor, pitiful thing is barely surviving. But it still has managed to put out one, sad, Charlie Brown Christmas tree bloom. I'd move it to a better place, but without rain, it won't survive anyhow. I do water this bed once a week, so it's okay for now.
We here in KY are in a Severe Drought. The fields of corn around me look like they were set on fire - one week they were green and now they are yellow to the ground. The only thing looking good is the tobacco drying in my tobacco barn.At least it smells really good in there.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Aug 27 2007 1:53:57 PM

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  1:55:59 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that something? Mine are still doing alright, but most of them are in shade. They look a little droopy, but seem to be hanging in there.

How about that sedum, next to it though, right? It wouldn't brown out if you poured poison on it! I LOVE that plant!!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  1:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Yes, even though I only get to water that bed once a week, they are HUGE. They are doing the job I planted them to do - hide the blocks the old camper sits on! :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Drought causes mini Rose of Sharon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page