Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Does Anbody Tatt? Next Topic  

TiaLD77
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Tia
Punxsutawney PA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  11:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Send TiaLD77 a Yahoo! Message
Does anybody else Tatt? I was really excited to see the article on the shuttle brothers posted on MJ's site so kewl when you think something your doing is a lost art & then it turns up in the most unexpected places *l*

I learned to Tatt about 6 years ago due to a stint in Civil War renacting. It is really fun

Edited by - TiaLD77 on Jul 26 2005 12:52:41 PM

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  2:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Grandmother taught me when I was young, but haven't tatted for many many years.
Something I should add to my to do list again
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  06:22:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
Tatting is the one craft that I have tried to teach myself and have been unable to do so. But I did find the article about the shuttle brothers and checked out the links. The shuttles that they make are so beautiful and make me want to tat just to own one but... I did find some inexpensive plastic tatting shuttles yesterday and I bought them so I guess I'm about to try again to teach myself to tat. So you guys have started something. I taught myself crochetting, knitting, sewing and tons of other things so I've had lots of success. I'm going to check out the web sites again but does anyone have any specific suggestions as how to start. I was actually thinking of starting with a heavier thread until I get the idea.

Kathy in New York (not the city)

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  08:05:46 AM  Show Profile
In one of the needlework reference books that I found yesterday, there's a section on tatting instructions. If you'd like I can scan it to you tomorrow in a pdf file. Send me an email by clicking on my name to confirm if you'd like me to do this! I think this is an amazing skill! Good for you Kathigene!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

TiaLD77
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Tia
Punxsutawney PA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  06:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Send TiaLD77 a Yahoo! Message
Hooray,Keep trying Kathy! www.etatters.com is a good place to start. when shuttle tatting the part most people have difficulty with is "the Flip" it is the transfer of the half stitch loop from your workign hand (one with the Shuttle) to the thread wrapped around your other hand Usually your left if you are a righty like me. there is a site that has videos....I cant remember the Url though Sharron Briggs is the webmistress for it..That I remember LOL Let me look & I'll get back to you!

Why not go out on a limb? That is where the Fruit is!
Go to Top of Page

TiaLD77
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Tia
Punxsutawney PA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  08:05:14 AM  Show Profile  Send TiaLD77 a Yahoo! Message
here is the link to Sharrons Page http://www.gagechek.com/slb/

Why not go out on a limb? That is where the Fruit is!
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2005 :  09:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Tia! I've bookmarked the web sites and put them all in a file for Tatting. And I'm about to add Tatting to my new craft project notebook that I started yesterday. I bought the shuttle but I still haven't bought any thread!!

Kathy in New York

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Does Anbody Tatt? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page