Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 SPOKANE AND OUTLYING AREA GIRLS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic SPOKANE AND OUTLYING AREA GIRLS Next Topic
Page: of 2

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  2:26:56 PM  Show Profile
hey girls, we have been talking on another thread about Buggy Barn Quilt show.
Here is the deal, to all those who want to go.
A couple of farmgirls and I are meeting up at McDonalds on Highway #2, in Airway Heights at 10:30 am on Saturday, August 25th. If any of you would like to join us there, give a shout out. From there we are driving out to Reardan where the Buggy Barn is. The quilt show is Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
So looking forward to seeing y'all.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  10:13:00 AM  Show Profile
CS,
I'll meet you over @ the B.B., I am riding over w/my neighbor.
Have fun @ McD's...don't laugh, when I stop there for an occassional quick burger, I buy the kids/Happy Meal, hey why should the kid's be the only one to get a toy? besides, they are doing the "Build-a-Bears". So I am collecting them. "I am stuck in a mature womens body w/a little girls heart" ...

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  10:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue I dont know if I can make it this time. Still lots to do.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  10:57:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I wish I could come ladies, but between the Farmer's Market and other obligations this Saturday is really full. I hope you all have fun! Please remember to tell us all about it!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  12:53:41 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue . . . fun talking to you this morning!! I will be there at McD's at 10:30 with an Apron on! Sad that our Oregon trip got cancelled, but happy to go to a quilt show with my farmgirl friends. Does anyone know if they allow pics at the show? I'd love to take some, but don't want to break any rules with the Quilt Police!!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  4:33:54 PM  Show Profile
In the past I have taken pictures, it was no problem. Bring your camera and we can ask.
Bummer Amanda but I sure do understand.
Alee, oh girl, your life is full right now.
Brenda, I was really fun talking to you too.
Katmom, hmmmm Happy meals, and building bears, good combo girl!!!!
later, Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  2:59:00 PM  Show Profile
I'll try to be there but I'm not promising anything just yet. I think we have company coming--I could bring her with me--but I also have peaches running out my ears thanks to my dad. He picked 22+ boxes of peaches off his three little trees. The man is a phenomenen. He raises peach trees from seed. How many people do you know that do that?!

Pictures at the BB are no problem. We've taken many pictures at the past shows. Enjoy yourselves and I'll really try to get there.

Marcia

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  4:28:47 PM  Show Profile
Marcia that would be way cool. If you don't get to join us, the quilt show is for 2 days from 10-4. Going is half the fun.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  09:14:51 AM  Show Profile
CS & Brenda,
I will meet you @ the Buggy Barn, I'll be wearing my red hat.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  11:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Ahhhhhhhh! Wish I could go! CarolSue, keep an eye out for trailers! It's always fun to spot them, right Grace?! Have fun!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  1:53:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm Baaaaaaaaaacccck! from the BuggyBarn, lunch and a few side trips!
WoW! is all I can say about the BuggyBarn! PBS had a camera crew there this morning. We arrived right @ 10am & already the parkinglot was nearly full!
I have taken a bunch of pic's, hope to post some of them on my blog. My neighbor, Andrea, had 2 of her quilts on display. How awesome.
Oh, & yep, I did buy another vintage apron from one of the vendors.
Ok, off to get into more mischief!
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  1:55:34 PM  Show Profile
oh, & MJL, I spotted (took a pic) a really cute westerney type quilt, I'll download my pic's tonight & send it to you. Perfect for showing off @ Giddy-up, trailer round up.!
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  2:40:46 PM  Show Profile
How fun Grace! I will wait patiently for pictures!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  3:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Wow is right, we were there about 11ish, and we had to park on the little road. Carol Sue once again you are so sweet, I have to say you are the nicest "stranger" I have ever met , and am happy to know you. Brenda it was nice to meet you as well, hopefully soon we can all get together again.

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  3:56:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Grace, yeah you got a picture of that one, with the bows around the edges? There were so many fine quilts there, yep saw the vintage ones and oogggled quite nicely. Amanda and Brenda it was loads of fun getting to go with you. Yes we took pictures, playing with trying to upload, drat need drivers now have to go fiugre this part out. I WILL BECOME COMPUTER LITEREATE!!!!!!
Yea, Grace glad you got pictures, saw the crowd and went this will be like trying to find Michelle at the strawberry patch and I even know what you look like!!!!!
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:03:53 PM  Show Profile
Well, I am bummed I missed the fun. I did go ahead and go out to the Buggy Barn after my meeting. I left Libtery Lake about 1:00.
I took lots of photos, but camera battery is charging, so I will upload some to my blog...probably tomorrow.
It was so windy out there!
I found some treasures to purchase in the big barn where the vendors were. There were not as many vendors as I expected, but the ones that were there were nice. Didn't you love the gal with the tiny quilt collages? And the gals with the extra large makedos? My purchases were mostly vintage sewing needfuls. I will take a picture of what I got and post it on my blog tomorrow as well.
Anyhooo...wish I had been able to go when you gals went...but I did get to park in the very first place, by the time I got there many people had left. So this was good. Feet sure were dirty when I got home! The quilt shop was too crowded with shoppers which meant that I did not get to look good enough, so I did not buy any thing in there. Boy, do they ever have that barn full!
Well, there's my two cents worth.

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Ah Pamela I am so glad that you got to go. Yeah, photos, I didn't take super lots but will get help figuring it out hopefully tomorrow.
There was a major crowd when we were there and had fun just looking and didn't spend much time in the shop cause it is close enough to go look when it was not so crowded!!!!
Hey we will have other things.... sooon.....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  3:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Rats I missed you all!! I went very late in the day, which was nice since hardly anyone was there but the wind sure was blowing! I had my 2 girls with me and my son stayed home with Dad.. I was amazed..so much inspiration. I scored some nice things. I was particularly in love with the little strawberry pincushions..so darling..will be tying ribbon to those and adding them to gifts instead of bows...
Grace...I've lost your phone number and address and want to connect..Could I drop by something this week to deliver a little farmgirl cheer and bounty from the farm? Give me a call and let me know when a good time for you would be...
Many smiles,
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  6:30:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Pamela, I too loved the miniture quilt-collage by www.gallopingpony.com I would luv to try my hand at that.
You are ot kidding, I attempted 2x to go into the quilt store & both times it was elbow to elbow, I did finally manage to go in,,,then later that day I bee lined it to Joanns to get some holiday print fabric. I spent well over $50 in fabric alone, but now if we have a freak snow storm in August, I will have enough material to keep me busy!!! lol!
MJL, I sent you a picture of the cute westerny quilt w/the bandana ties. I will try to put some on my blog tonight, how ever, now my CPU is having "issues" so I am using my DH's computer. I must be the kiss of death to computers, My laptop died last month and now this one is having issues. egads!
Julia, I will email you in a few w/my address & ph#.
Sorry ladies I missed you all @ the B.B., I wore a red hat so you sould find me & go figues, there were 2 other ladies w/red hats on! oh well, great minds think alike!
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  7:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
just tried to e-mail you....it came back.....I will see where I put your phone number & call you tomorrow.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  8:38:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh but got to go even if we didn't see each other. Glad you got a photo of the cowboy one, I loved that one. Shoot, I didn't see any red hats, okay, maybe my focus was on the quilts and I was blabbing.......hmmmmm
LOL
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  08:43:15 AM  Show Profile
I loved the quilt show. So inspiring! My favorite was the colonial looking Baltimore Album quilt that had the eagle and was tea dyed. It would take 100 years for me to make all those appliques, but it was gorgeous. It was fun getting to know our nutty Carol Sue and her sweet hubby and meeting Amanda. The funny thing was when we were meeting at McD's this cute girl walked in and sat alone. After a while it was obvious she too was waiting for someone. I finally got up the courage to go ask her if she was waiting for Carol Sue. So glad she was! I would have felt foolish asking, if she wasn't! So that was how I met Amanda. She is so sweet. She has been a bit overwhelmed with her "welcome" to Spokane of wild teenagers in their backyard in the middle of the night. I suppose when I told her that the area she lives in is referred to the "twilight zone" by all the EMS crew in Spokane, that didn't help either! My hubbie is a paramedic and they have names for most of the areas in Spokane. Anyway, it was a fun day and made me want to go home and create! I have 20+ projects half done so I think I better get cracking!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  08:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like so much fun. Sorry I missed the visiting and the quilts. I'm glad it sounds like they do this each year. I'd love to go next time. DH has upgraded from bedrest to light duty, so he hit the door at the crack of dawn grinning ear to ear. Didn't think my company was so bad lol. Let me know when you get pictures up, would love to see what you saw!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  09:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Brenda yes I was absolutley overwhelmed. . Gawd me and Dh were wild once but come on!lol I wanted to ask you too if youwere waitingfor Carol Sue, but when I met Kristy (CA-Reds) I asked someoneelse if she was her and it wasnt so I didnt want to repeat that humilliation.So I just sat in my corner and waited for CarolSue. Oh and BTW I told my BIL that we live in the TwilightZone and he was surprised.
Carol Sue , guess what we are getting this week!!! A FENCE!!!!! Yipeee I am so happy. I called my AuntDeb when I got home and she was so jealous,lol.I gotta go to Wallyworld and make aCD with the pictures for her.Thanks for making sureI got home, andeverything else. You are so sweet. I'll have to show you some of the picturesI got. Have Happy Day everyone!

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  11:33:42 AM  Show Profile
Past Blessings,,,, only 20 projects???!!!??? lol!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  4:37:51 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhh Brenda only 20.....then add the swaps.... and your sales....
girl when do you find the time....
Yeahhhhh a fence, yes girl you need that, you don't need those kind of adventures!!!!!
Hey katmom, so how many proojects do yu have going or are ya gonna fess up!!!!!
LOL
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic SPOKANE AND OUTLYING AREA GIRLS Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page