New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Santa maria Farmgirls!!!! Next Topic  

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  07:31:56 AM  Show Profile
Had my first Maryjane's Farmgirl chapter meeting!!! My good friend and another decided to make crafts on Monday mornings!! I got the little chapter kit and brought it! My daughter and her best friend came and we made Halloween crafts!! We had a blast! I'm gonna use mine for the Halloween swap! We had lots of laughs about our name-still can't find an "appropriate" one!! It was great!! But I can't uderstand why my daughter doesn't want the bumper sticker on her car!!!!LOL!

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  08:09:36 AM  Show Profile
It is so cool to see that there is a farmgirl chapter only 15 miles from where I grew up!!! Yay!! We are so due to have a meeting here with our chapter! Today is the first day of school..so hopefully we will have some more time now..haha...right!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  08:19:37 AM  Show Profile
Awesome!
Mima, how fun...did you get to sew or did you just glue gun anything that didn't move!!!??? lol!
How fun to get together w/friends & craft, gab & snack. My favorite kind of days.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  08:34:41 AM  Show Profile
The one gal,is the Queen of Crafts and we were guling.....Being the klutz that I am-I was one sticky glittery girl when I left!!!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  08:44:30 AM  Show Profile
How fun! Since Santa Maria is obviously Spanish, maybe you should see what farmgirl (well, you would have to look up farm and girl) is in Spanish. You can tell I don't know Spanish, or I would tell you what it is! Anyway, that could make for a fun and "authentic" to your area name.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  09:04:31 AM  Show Profile
I thought "Carol Duval" was the queen of crafts!!! lol! **had the good fortune to go to 2 of her show tapings & chat with her as well as have a picture taken with her. She has done 2 crafting cruises, but both times due to work I was unable to attend! bummer. By-the-by, she likes martini's too! giggle giggle!
Doesn't Ailene (famous for glue & other craft products) live out there by you? Her son use to live in Moorpark, there was an article in our local paper (several years ago) about how they took their factory to Mexico to produce their craft products, and where nearly put out of business because of mismanagement & thefts to the company. In fact she also use to have a 30 min. show on T.V. , her daughters were involved in that.
Mima, " a girl can never have enough glitter-so sparkle on!"

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that sounds like you had fun!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  12:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Muchacha de la Granja is farm girl in Spanish. I think it sounds great!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  1:22:55 PM  Show Profile
I love it!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Santa maria Farmgirls!!!! Next Topic