Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 OMG! YoYo's are everywhere!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic OMG! YoYo's are everywhere! Next Topic
Page: of 2

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  10:31:30 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kay, therusticcottage,
You can go to www.sistersonthefly.com to check out MaryJanes & my trailers.
You don't have to own a trailer to be a member, some gals have rented trailers for outings while others pair up & take 1 trailer. Some are mother + daughter teams so they share a trailer. Some just stay @ a local motel and join in on the festivities & fishing, which runs the gammet of never fished before-beginners to seasoned/experienced fisherwomen. Some don't fish at all, they just like the commoradery of being with the ladies doing what we all do best, eat, gab, antiquing, eat, have fun, eat, sightseeing, eat,,,did I mention eat??? lol!
Some gals have brand new trailers, others, like myself have almost vintage, mines a 1974 Scamp while others have "Canned Hams" true vintage metal trailers like MJ's 1957.
As for decorating them, it's off the chart, mine is "post-Modern" others are Shabby Chic & others are country, one gal even did her's in a pirate theme. Too cool!
Check out the web and go to the trailer photo's. MJ is #595 ButtonWillow & I am #472 Little Twinkie.
Have fun looking.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  2:10:57 PM  Show Profile
Grace did you see the article in the Home section of the Spokesman Review about the traveling tearoom that The Vintage Truffle has? Thw owner found a 1954 Terco "canned ham" trailer fixed it all up and made it her traveling tearoom.I think I've seen it parked at the Vintage Truffle when we're coming back from Spokane. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  2:29:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh My! Did someone say trailers and yo yo's! My heart be still!!!!!! Kay, send me your email and I will send you a picture of me with my vintage trailer! I don't know how to post yet ! In March I traveled 1,000 miles to Tombstone and back for our first Giddy Up and attended a REAL Cowgirl College! Grace, you nailed it perfect about Sisters on the Fly! What fun we have! Come join us!!! Oh, my little trailer is a cowgirl shabby chic theme! To fun!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on Aug 23 2007 2:38:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:02:36 PM  Show Profile
JoAnn,
yes, I have seen it, it's right off Division, & yep there is a little gold colored cannedham parked on the side. I plan to check it out. It was not listed in the yellow pages in the coffee & tea section so I think I will look under chocolate instead.
yep, found it, "Vintage Truffle", 101 E. Nora Ave, in Spokane on the corner of Nora & Division.
I'll have to call them tomorrow & check them out. I'll post the info when I get it.
Thanx for reminding me.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:07:23 PM  Show Profile
MJL,
hopefully we will get to meet up @ the next giddy-up in '08 or maybe an event 1/2 way twixt your homestead & mine! Then we can show off our yoyo's to the gals, hummm, if we start now we can make yoyo vests to wear,,but I do draw the line at making yoyo jammies !!!! giggle giggle,,, oh wait,,,how about buy those cheappie slid on slippers and adorning them w/yoyos!!!!! ok, now i need to run down to K-mart or what ever & buy a couple pair, why just make 1 pr when I can get a head start on the Holidyas!!!! yippee kiyay!!!!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 23 2007 5:09:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:21:09 PM  Show Profile
There you go again! Getting me excited about yo yo's! Yo yo's on the slippers sounds so cute! At the Giddy Up we had Pj Night! Did you see any of the pics? So many cute pj's and slippers! Let me know "when" not "if" you get the slippers done! Pictures please!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:27:25 PM  Show Profile
LOL, one of these days I will have to get my canned ham fixed up!!!!! It was dumped and needs work but I really love it. Hmmmm yoyo's Now I am in trouble.
When learned about the site, dh and I looked at most of the trailers, what great ideas and how much fun that would be, so much to do .......
You will have to show us your slippers Miss Grace!!!!!
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:45:39 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue.....has a canned ham!!!!!! What year & make?! They are adorable! Maybe you could call her Yo Yo! Wonder why that came to me?! P.S. I now have Baby Moons on my tires and spare!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on Aug 23 2007 5:47:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:58:22 PM  Show Profile
I think the first part of the 60's from what we can figure out. It was used as the guys "shop" and a pretty big disaster area. So no paperwork, they were just going to haul it to the dump!!!! It has the old propane light in tack and the scallopy overhead. It leaked and we fixed that. We can't wait to work on it but things take money, time we got, hope to do some on it this winter. We have a 64 Plymouth Valiant that runs and needs work thanks to my brother. It has rust but it drives like a dream. The outside is white and the interior red. I love red. Can't you see us drivin down the highway with our canned ham and the Vailaint. That is one of my dreams.
BTW, I love the YOYO Wonder!!!!!

Enjoying life.

Edited by - Carol Sue on Aug 23 2007 5:59:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  11:23:27 PM  Show Profile
OMG! Grace & MJL! I saw your trailers! I really love the vintage ones but they are getting harder and harder to find. Be still my heart!

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  05:49:29 AM  Show Profile
sunshine thanks for the link. it is great. i think i will try some today.

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  06:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
your welcome

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  10:13:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kay! Thanks! My little trailer came from Idaho! Had her trucked down here to her new home! She is 50 years old this year! Sent ya some pics! Now back to making more yo yo's...now where is my basket filled with pre-cut yo yo's? Ahhhh, just spotted them!

P.S. I even have pre-cut yo yo's in my little trailer when I want to go sit and relax! They are everywhere!!!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  10:23:26 AM  Show Profile
We are such a hoot!!!!!!!
Why is it when I can't afford another "project" (vintage trailer) I spot them eveywhere!!!!
They are out there, just got to pull off the road & knock on doors.
MJL, I was working on fall/autumn print yoyos last night.. got a project I am using them for.
tata-4-now, DD & I are off to the farmers market for fresh bread & veggies.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 24 2007 11:09:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  2:48:53 PM  Show Profile
.....and what might that project be Grace?! Please share!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  7:10:28 PM  Show Profile
begins wit a "Q" and ends w/a "T"....hahaha!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  11:45:13 AM  Show Profile
hummmmm...might take me a minute here...Q_ _ _ t...! What a fun Fall project! Thanks for the great pictures!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on Aug 27 2007 1:04:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  11:51:27 AM  Show Profile
I am being such a slug today,,,,I still have a few things to do around the house & write checks for bills, yep, I am still old fashion, don't like to pay on line.
I finished my mini aprons last night & my quilt squares are all laid out, now to do the final stitching on them.
DH is out playing in the motorhome, so the house is nice & quiet for now but I suspect in about 10-15 he will come in, in search of food! so I guess I had better get going.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic OMG! YoYo's are everywhere! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page