Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 home made dish soap and detergent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic home made dish soap and detergent Next Topic  

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm being lazy not reading all the post here.

But, I'm hoping I can get some help.

Can any one please give me recipes for all natural home made dish soap and laundry detergent?

I've already switched to only washing and shampooing ourselves with baking soda, and boy has it made a difference in my husband's body odor and my daughters dandruff! Both gone! Completely!

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:06:09 AM  Show Profile
Heather,

What do you mean about shampooing with baking soda?

Sorry, I can't help with the dish soap but I just made my first batch of homemade powdered laundry detergent about a half hour ago! If you scroll down a few pages you should find the thread but here's the basics:

1 cup grated castille soap (I found Kirk's at my supermarket)
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 Borax

Mix all the ingredients and use 1 Tbsp for each load.

Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  1:08:18 PM  Show Profile
Tiffany,
If you go to Here's to your health you'll find the thread on using baking soda for shampoo. It's under shampoo free.

Heather,
For my laundry I use one part borax to two parts baking soda. I mix it in a pail and use about 1/4 cup per load.
clothes come out nice and clean. Fresh smelling and if you want a softener I use white vinegar about 1/2 c. per load. The clothes do not come out smelling like vinegar but they are much softer after drying. In the dryer or on the line.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  5:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Heather, my Windy Pines Farmgirl cousin, Michele, gave me some of her homemade laundry detergent last weekend. It was made from the recipe Tiffany just gave you. I was very impressed with it. Not only did it wash everything up beautifully, but none of the colors faded from it. I like it so much that I'm going to try to make some of my own. Michele made hers very fine, she put her grated soap in the blender. I just hope I can find castille soap in a store by me.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  5:54:02 PM  Show Profile
You can also use Fels Napha soap instead of the Castille soap.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  7:16:15 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much! I will try those.

What I mean about baking soda, is all we use to shampoo and wash our bodies with is baking soda. And recently my husband started only using baking soda for deodorant as well! It's working GREAT! Just straight baking soda. We don't use anything else.

I am lazy and tired. lol Sad to say, there is a recipe to make the shampoo with the baking soda, but I haven't done it yet. I buy huge things of baking soda at Costco so......we just pour it on our selves......and use it straight. lol But, eventually I plan on finding some empty bottles to mix the recipe for the baking soda shampoo in. And also make the vinegar rinse. I'm hoping once we move to the country I can start selling some variations of these at the local farmers market.

I'll be honest I'm not "lazy" but completely exhausted. I have diabetes and I have a baby....once I came down with diabetes (type 1, I was diagnosed late in youth) I have been exhausted ever since! (well for about a year before the diagnosis as well). It helped once I lost weight and was sleeping all through the night. And I had about 4 really good years with some energy. Then I got pregnant........and immideately was exhausted again. Once I had my daughter literally with in minutes after giving birth I felt a surge of energy come back. And whammo was feeling better for about 3 months. But, now I'm exhausted again. My daughter still doesn't sleep through the night and she's almost a year old. lol I am hoping once she is sleeping through the night and therefore I can too! I will finally feel better again. But, for now it seems as if I walk through my day in a exhausted haze. lol haha I'm hoping it will get better real soon though. lol
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic home made dish soap and detergent Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page