Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Kermit was wrong . . . It's Easy Being Green!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Kermit was wrong . . . It's Easy Being Green! Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  12:33:10 PM  Show Profile
Remember the sweet song Kermit the Frog sang on one of the Muppet Movies? "It's Not Easy Being Green." Well sorry, Kermy, I must respectfully disagree. I have loved going green and finding "recipes" for all of my cleaning needs. It is simple, saves money and makes me feel like I am caring for our earth. I get such a charge out of it!! My hair loves it, my house loves it, my laundry loves it. My pocketbook loves it and that of course makes my husband love it. Most of these "recipes" are what our ancestors all used. It makes me wonder why we got away from it. What dummy said, "Ya know, instead of natural things that work well, cost little and don't harm the environment, I think I'll invent cleaners that can permanently damage our planet . . ." So silly!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  2:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It amazes me that for laundry I use a mere tablespoon of my mix and the store bought stuff has you using a full cup! Yet the clothes come just as clean with both mixes. So what sorts of filler are we paying extra for?! Enzymes ands silica- Why do I need an ingredient fr glass (silica) to wash my clothes?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  4:20:42 PM  Show Profile
It makes you wonder about all the fillers in most things. And I have heard that the "recommended" amounts are way more than they should be . . . they want you to keep buying more!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  4:26:57 PM  Show Profile
I agree.. vinegar and baking soda and tea tree oil get's used a lot around here.. I fill a bottle with water and vinegar add a few drops of citrinella essential oil and tea tree oil- this is our all purpose cleaner- does counters, stove top, table tops, toilets etc...
blessings,debra
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  6:44:35 PM  Show Profile
For this all purpose cleaner Debra, do you do water and vinegar same amount for both? Or whats the ratio? Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  6:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,

Tell me about what you use to care for your hair?

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

KansasConnie
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Connie
Atchison County Kansas
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  1:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Debra--
Where do you find the tea tree oil? Is it expensive??
Connie
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  2:40:39 PM  Show Profile
It's not that expensive, considering you don't need much.

Atchison, sounds familiar but I'm not positive where it's at.

My home town is Wichita. I know for sure it can be bought in Wichita. But, I think even Target and Walmart has started selling it!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Kermit was wrong . . . It's Easy Being Green! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page