5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2007 :  9:49:24 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by levisgrammy

Annika,
What type pf things do you mean by folkloric?

Rhonda,
Do you attach the little characters you do to the wooden thread`spools or what?

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com

Wow...I'm not sure how to explain what I mean by folkloric. Sort of Ethnic rustic. I'm Irish, French and Bohemian on my mothers side and Scottish and German on my fathers side, so I've been looking into my various ethnic backgrounds and seeing what motifs and crafts they all do for Christmas and then there is the fact that the Scot/German side are all Texans, so I have a very eclectic mix of ideas to work with...I'm going to start a show and tell type blog to show off all of my crafts and share garden, cooking and simple living ideas with who ever wants to wade through soon, so I'll show you some of what I come up with =)

Annika
Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Enjoyng life in the world of Peachy Hollow

106 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  3:25:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm currently making a fall quilt, and I'm going to make a halloween costume for my Blythe doll (she's going to be a pumpkin)

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4216 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4216 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  05:01:56 AM  Show Profile
I have enjoyed reading all these great idea's. Thanks, to Erin and all the ladies who took the time to do this. We try to make all our gifts, and I have been at a loss for ideas this year, for the men. The girls in the family are always easy, but the guys are a different story. So I hope to sit down, reread, and get my list started. Thanks again

Michele
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4216 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4216 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  09:38:39 AM  Show Profile
Erin, I was wondering if you would be willing to share your crocheted shopping bag pattern. I have been looking for one, and have not had alot of luck. And I don't have alot of time right now to come up with a pattern on my own.

Thanks Michele
Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Enjoyng life in the world of Peachy Hollow

106 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  2:33:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to the patchwork shop tomorrow to look for green FQs from which I can make suffolk puff christmas trees :)

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  10:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Since I've figured out that circular needles are NOT the devil, I'm going on a hat knitting spree...I have 2 brother in laws (22 and 18) who are both really cool guys, but one is "Bonnaroo" cool and the other is "skater" cool, so there will be a knit hat to fit each one of their brand of cool! Also one for dh, as he keeps asking, "who is this one for?"

Money is just terribly tight this year, and noone we know needs anything, really....especially from a mall! I have a stash of fabulous yarn that just keeps growing with no direction, so it's going to be diminished by 12/25!

I've also been felting recycled sweaters, and I'm making "vintage" stuffed animals out of them for Ava and Max (our niece and nephew).

For my mother and her sister: we all took a family vacation to the outerbanks of North Carolina, and I bought some white Martha Stewart keepsake boxes (that have a clear front, and you can hang them?), some beach-esque scrapbook items, and black print words like "memories" with the definition written out, and I was going to fill them with ticket stubs for the lighthouses, and some lovely scallop shells in various sizes and colors. That's just a little something...I haven't come up with the big something for my mom yet--I am getting her a doll from my friend, Julie, but other than that, who knows?

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9381 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9381 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  04:16:21 AM  Show Profile
You all have some fantastic ideas! I am trying to go mostly handmade this year. I do find difficulty with the men too. We have some that live in the south so am trying to come up with something unique and useful. Love the knit hats but I don't think they would use them much.

The women are always fairly easy. I have to get moving here and get these projects going. My daughter is on this site so I have to be careful about sharing gift info.....

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic Is anyone making anything now for Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page