Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  10:08:58 AM  Show Profile
It was back to school for my kids this morning. I always hate to see them go after such a long time of having them at home. I miss them so much. My mom is feeling much better, her cholesterol dropped 100 points in a month after the dr. put her on the dean ornish reversal diet. Her and dad said they feel sooooo good. Her arteries were so severly blocked the dr said they couldn't do surgery, it would be to dangerous. So this was her only option. Dad has stuck right by her side and refuses to eat anything she cant eat.
On another note, I'm sorry I have been in and out and not posting much. But I read everything. Although I have been neglecting my blog, that makes me sad. For fear of airing my dirty laundry I have neglected to share my burdens. I definitely don't want to drag everyone down and leave this wonderful place we can share with each other soured. But I've decided to go ahead and request prayer.
My oldest son who is 27 has an alchohol problem and has had drug problems also. He was doing so well and staying out of trouble. On mothers day was the last time I'd heard from him till about 3 weeks ago. I didnt know if he was dead or alive. He was arrested in Arkansas on a warrant from Jackson County Indiana. He had stopped reporting to his probation officer and ect. So he was arrested. At least I knew where he was. I literally stay sick to my stomach from worrying over him. My daugter just turned 18 and her boyfriend has such a bad temper, he has broken two of her cell phones among other items. He wont allow her to talk to anyone, she has to be careful how she dresses. She's not supposed to go on her senior trip and she has to walk with a girl at her graduation. Can you believe that???? We have begged her to leave him, we've ordered her to not see him anymore, we've even grounded her so she can't see him. My hubby has spoke to him several times, and done all but threaten his life. But now she's 18, and theyve been together for three years. She refuses to be without him. My oldest daughter is mad at me and wont' let me see my grandbabies, that's a whole other story, lol. Please be in prayer for my children, and my parents. And I pray I haven't depressed anyone to tears. Blessings.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  10:46:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Mikki, I wish I could hug you in person! I am so sorry to hear of the troubles with your children. The old saying can be true sometimes, they step on your toes and then grow up and step on your heart. Maybe getting caught will be a good turnaround for your son; believe me, I understand all too well what it feels like to be sick in your stomach with worry and grief over your children. Would it be possible for your daughter to talk to a school counselor about becoming more and more independent from this boyfriend? He sounds dangerous. So sorry you are not getting to see your grandchildren right now, but hopefully time will take care of your daughter's negative behavior. On a truly positive note, thank God your mom is seeing such great results so quickly; what a blessing. High five to your dad for sticking with the regime along with your mom. I always pray for my farmgirl friends and will say a special prayer for you, Mikki. Stay active in the forum whenever you can manage it; there is such love and strength to be had here. Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  12:32:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Mikki, I'm so sorry you are going through this, your such a dear heart! I can relate to you in so many ways, my step son has a drug problem, got arrested but may get out of that and has a new baby but is separated after a year of marriage all due to the drugs. We were hoping he'd do time so he could get cleaned up but we will see? I was your daughter in my first marriage, not so bad, but he was a bum and no matter what my parents told me of him, I wasn't gonna leave him, he ended up doing time and I raised my son alone, and saw the light. I pray things get better for you and don't be shy, we all are here for you! If you need to talk just email me. Stay active here and with your blog, use your cabin more than ever and just remember, roots and wings! Hugs!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  1:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Mikki-

I am so glad you shared with us because I know how much help to have friends listen. I will pray for your kids and I really hope your daughter with the boyfriend will wake up and see that she is _better_ and worth _more_ than to let herself stay with a abusive boyfriend.

I am so glad your mom's cholesterol is dropping! That is wonderful! Does that mean they might be able to do the surgery?

*hugs!!*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  1:57:43 PM  Show Profile
AHHHH Mikki,
Girlfriend, your sharing is in no way depressing, luv. It is just life. Sometimes we have good patches and sometimes we want to pull our hair out.
Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers and that sharing means the good, the bad and the ugly girlfriend.
Hugs and love to you,
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  2:18:56 PM  Show Profile
I echo what everyone has said. You, specially you, and your family are in thoughts and prayers. There is really nothing anyone can say except we are here for you. Take the opportunity. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  5:06:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh my sweet little Mikki!!! I'm sooo sorry to hear of all your troubles! I just figured you were camping or buzy with summertime,I didn't know your heart was breaking. I will definately be praying for you and your family! Let us farmgirls be there for you! We love you lots!!! Much love and hugs!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  6:24:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh Mikki..I will sure keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  6:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for all your prayers and precious words of encouragement. They mean so much. They won't do surgery on my mom even tho' her cholesterol is dropping. Maybe if they do the dye test again sometime and see the blockages may actually be reversing due to the reversal diet, then maybe they may consider surgery for her. But the dr. never mentioned anything like that. I'm hoping my son stays awhile too, so he can dry out. But this past April only made a year he was out of prison, he was gone for four years. So I guess he didn't learn a thing. But I still had high hopes for him. He has such a good heart and it kills him if he thinks I'm upset or crying over him, but not enough to turn his back on drugs and alcohol. I just keep hoping for a miracle. It killed me before when he was in prison, knowing he didn't have enough to eat, or was too cold or too hot. And I couldn't stand to go visit, I would be depressed for weeks. Then they moved him miles away so I couldn't go see him anyway. It's so sad to look at the glass between visitor and convict, and see the hand smudges where a mothers or wifes hand was placed just to try to feel as close to their loved one as possible. The tears and nervous smiles of each visitor, just too much sadness. And to think we may have to do it all over again, God help me.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic BACK TO SCHOOL Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page