Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 I'm Going To Be A Homeowner! UPDATE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I'm Going To Be A Homeowner! UPDATE! Next Topic
Page: of 2

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  12:47:15 PM  Show Profile
We made an offer last week on a place in La Center. After going back and forth with the sellers we told them we would not accept their final offer. Last night our realtor called and said that the seller's had decided to go with our last offer which was $11,000 less than they were asking. This morning we told the realtor we would accept that offer.

Our new home will be a manufactured home in a residential park here in La Center. We will be buying the land as well as the home. We will have a very small backyard but it does have two trees, room for me to plant lots of flowers and a place for raised garden beds. On the south side of the house is a huge deck that runs the whole length of the house -- so more room there for pots of stuff.

It is not a farm but that's ok. I have come to the realization that my husband will never be interested in a farm. But he is willing to help me fix up this place. For that I'm grateful and willing to compromise. I can be a farmgirl without my farm -- it truly is a condition of the heart. I can live my life simply, organically, and do all the things that Farmgirls do on my little slice of this earth that I'm buying.

So if everything goes ok -- inspection, appraisal -- in about a month I'll be moving into my very own home. I'm excited!

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Edited by - therusticcottage on Aug 15 2007 7:44:14 PM

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  2:03:58 PM  Show Profile
That is a huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Many hugs!!!!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  3:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Hooray for you Kay! Your new home sounds beautiful. I'm sure you'll have a ball decorating it and landscaping/gardening in your own yard. Thank goodness you stuck to your guns & saved yourself $11k. Great haggling!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  3:15:59 PM  Show Profile
How exciting, Kay! Congratulations on your new home! It's so nice to have your own home to make your own...great that you got it for much less. It definitely is a buyer's market now! Good luck!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Edited by - junkjunkie on Aug 10 2007 3:16:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  3:18:56 PM  Show Profile
I so happy for you. Dreams can change and your little piece of land can be your farm if not a big one.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  3:23:38 PM  Show Profile
way to go girl. and hey..take it from me..you can be a farm girl anywhere!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  3:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Kay!!! How fun!! You will make that place your own little paradise!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  3:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Good for you Kay. Home is where the heart is as someone once said. You will just have your own farm with neighbors---which can be nice. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  3:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Yay for you, Kay!! What happy news!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  5:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kay! I am so excited for you!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  9:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Kay,
what a blessing. Enjoy, & rememeber, it's not the size of "the farm" but rather how much you enjoy it.
Pot gardening (& I don't mean the illegal stuff!) is such fun. From 'maters, to herbs you can have fun & enjoy the goodies that you reap. "Sow" go have fun! & Congrats on the new home.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  9:58:58 PM  Show Profile
How very exciting for you, Kay! I remember the day I signed (all) the papers at my closing, and they handed me keys. I remember thinking....well, should I have these? I mean, I can't go there yet, right? Such a strange feeling, but lemme tell you, I wouldn't trade my little "farm" for anything. I bought a fixer upper 1929 cottage for a song, and though it's taken me many years to get even where I am, it's worth it every time I hear the rain on my metal awnings, or see the deer in my backyard.
Congratulations, and feel blessed with your new home!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  08:39:06 AM  Show Profile
Great news! I'm sure you'll have a lovely place all fixed up where your condition of the heart can bloom. :) Good for you!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  09:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
congratulations, kay!
i have enjoyed peeking in at your blog and i know that where ever you are will be wonderful....you bring that with you.
also truly believe that we are all farmgirls no matter the size or whatever of our farm.
including those gals that have a mindfarm.
i think unless you are born into the farm life, many of us have carried the farm in our hearts and minds until we get to our farm, no matter where that is.
i was a farmgirl as a little child, and when i lived in a big city and now on my little farmette that im sure some farmers would scoff at.
i will look forward to your new home and watching you turn it into your place...and will peek in on you from time to time.
....and you stuck to your guns and made, i think a great deal on your offer. a farmgirl and a savy business woman to boot!
best of luck and enjoy enjoy your new home.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  09:55:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Kay,
Congratulations on your new place. It will be so nice to call it home; right now it's a house, but when you get there, it will feel just like home. Your neighbors have no idea yet how blessed they will be to have you in their midst. I'm really happy that you will be able to settle in and know it's your slice of heaven. Enjoy it to the max! Blessings on all your packing and moving that it may go smoothly.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  10:30:40 AM  Show Profile
You all are so sweet!!! Ever since we got the news I've been planning gardens in my head!! The backyard is almost done. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  7:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Awesome news, Kay! You're totally deserving, and just because you've only got room for gardens doesn't make you any less of a farm girl.

Shari Thomas
farmer, web copywriter, blogger
Shari's Gone Country
Vote for me at "Blog for a year"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  9:44:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Congratulations!!! And it may not have a million acres, but it will be the sweetest and most wonderful little farm around!!! I am so thrilled for you and I am looking forward to hearing more!! Happy times!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  5:54:12 PM  Show Profile
That's wonderful Kay! You are right...just having a spot to call your own is enough Raised gardening is the way to go. I love it! We are getting ready to place our home with 5 acres on the market here in Alabama and move to the Nashville, Tennessee area. Maybe Murfreesboro but we have decided to ride the whole circle around Nashville before deciding and also we've decided not to close any doors on what we want to buy.

It may be a small cottage with a few acres or it may be a Patio home with a "garden style" tiny yard. We are excited about the future move so I can feel your joy

Congrats on your new home!

Talk to ya later, Stephanie aka queenofdreamsz

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  10:51:20 PM  Show Profile
Kay,
I love how you have planned the gardens in your head already. Wouldn't it be great as fast as we figure out what we want to do if we could actually do it.....LOL
I like the process. We live in a mobile park on a small piece of yard which I have stamped with our flavor. I love it and am glad there is dirt to play in. Glad you have a home and stamp away.....Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  4:23:01 PM  Show Profile
kay,
so happy for you. it will be wonderful to have your own place. you'll make it beautiful.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  06:32:46 AM  Show Profile
Bouquets to you Kay! I'm really happy for you! Keep us posted on how everything goes!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  7:43:21 PM  Show Profile
We just found out this evening that the house sale is not going through! We have an FHA loan and evidentally they won't loan on a mfg home in the type of park it's in. Whatever that means. We'll have more details from the mortgage company tomorrow. But I'm ok with it. It just means that God has something even better for us!! I'm excited to find out what that is!

Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  08:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Kay, there's all kinds of things going on right now in the mortgage business. Like you said... God has better plans for you!

Even if the mortgage company comes out with some kind of "creative option", be extremely careful as the last thing you want to do is to put your shining future at risk.

Hugs to you!

Shari Thomas
farmer, web copywriter, blogger
Shari's Gone Country
Vote for me at "Blog for a year"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  1:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kay- look into the USAD Rural Development program- they might be able to help you.
http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/wa/
Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/

Edited by - Alee on Aug 16 2007 1:55:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  1:59:43 PM  Show Profile
FHA is VERY weird, for sure--since it's government money being loaned, they are super picky! That's how I bought my little cottage. They even made the previous owner put up a hand railing on the front steps (which I took down after I moved in!), but they sure failed on my leaky basement inspection!!!!

Good way to look at it--now that you've gone through all the pre-approval stuff, you'll find something even better, for sure.
Chin up!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic I'm Going To Be A Homeowner! UPDATE! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page