Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  09:43:36 AM  Show Profile
I just picked this up at a garage sale for $5. It looks way cool and I think it is going to be great for tomatoes. Does anyone else have one and what do you use your for? I would love some recipes using this new fun Squeezo Strainer. It came in the orginal box too! I asked the lady at the sale about it and she said she used it for canning but doesn't use it anymore.

dreamer

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  10:22:28 AM  Show Profile
Can you post a picture?
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  10:46:45 AM  Show Profile
I get such a kick out of the first thing that goes through my mind when I read some of these thread titles. Kind of like those ink blot psychology, name the first thing that pops into your mind kind of think.

Well, I read Squeezo Strainer!?!?!?!? and my first thought was Mammogram!?!?!?!?

Maybe it was the exclamations that did it!! LOL

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  2:28:43 PM  Show Profile
I'm trying to get a picture up, but it looks like a meat grinder, sort of! It is made to take out the seeds and skins of whatever you pass through it. It's says on the box great for tomatoe juice, babyfood. and jellies.

dreamer
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4178 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4178 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  4:11:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh gosh I love mine for doing tomatoes. It is the best thing ever!!! It makes quick and easy work of it. Also a little hint I learned after using the squeezo on tomaotes, heat up the pulp and juice a bit, and then strain off some of the liquid though a jelly bag. Leave it in there as long as you like, till it is as thick as you like. Then dump out, do some more, and then add your seasonings and such for sauce. cook a bit and can up. No burning the sauce, cooking it for hours to get it thick. Michele
Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  4:01:40 PM  Show Profile

dreamer
Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  4:05:56 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe I got a picture up!!!! This is a big thing for me comsidering I am not good with the computer at all! I am so proud of myself!! Well any way any of you gals have one of these? It is like a food mill. I have used it to get the seeds out of blackberries and it worked great. You just turn the handle and it pushes the food through and the seeds and skins come out of the end dry as a bone. My cabinet in the back is were I keep all of my canning and cook books. Got it at a garage sale of ten dollars. Its my pride and joy!

dreamer
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  4:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
so what was the prise 5 or 10 either way it was a good buy

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  7:01:15 PM  Show Profile
I have the exact same one!! It's great for tomatoes, you're right about the skins being seperated, and it would be great for peaches, or other fruits for preserves. I bet if you looked you could find something like a Squeezo cookbook!! Does it have different attachments? I think you can make sausages and your own ground meat(venison/beef, etc)
have fun!
Cristine
Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  06:28:19 AM  Show Profile
I have heard that it does have other attachments or screens that are different sizes.

dreamer
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  2:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh I know what those are! I just didn't know what they were called.
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  2:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Angie,
I have this! It's great for applesauce too. I have the instruction book. It has a few recipes. If you like I can copy the book at work this week and send it off to you. Let me know. Yhat is a great price. My Mom gave me mine. My Dad used to use it when he had his garden. After he passed away, she gave it to me. I think he paid close to 100.00 back in the early 70's.
Merle
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  3:52:42 PM  Show Profile
I think I have one in the storage. When I come across it, I'll ask for takers here. Don't think the box is with it, but had an idea of what it was and knew it was made of heavy cast aluminum to stand up to lots of use.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  09:28:55 AM  Show Profile
Merlem thanks for the offer. I will email you my address.

Angie

dreamer
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  12:40:14 PM  Show Profile
I would love to find one of those. It looks similar to one I borrowed a few years ago. I have looked in every hardware store, farm store, and of course, yard sales I come across and have not been able to find one.
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  07:58:16 AM  Show Profile
My friend just gave me one of these about a month ago... she had as a spare! I have yet to try it, but will love hearing more about uses for it.

Merle, I'd love a copy of the instruction book as well...happy to pay you back for postage and/or copying charges.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Squeezo Strainer!?!?!? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page