mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  08:51:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh, my gosh, I am so sore today! It was DIL's birthday (her 30th) and she chose roller skating for the family activity, instead of sitting around with a cake, etc. So, DH, DD, DS, DIL and I went to the "Rollerdrome" (remember that Carol Sue?) I haven't been there since my kids were little. It's changed a bit, but it's still there. I used to be able to skate no problem, so I didn't anticipate any. Boy was I wrong!! It's NOT like riding a bike - you can lose your ability! I was all over the place and my kids drug me out in the middle to do the Hokey Pokey, and when I "turned myself around" bam, down I went! I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to you know what, but I'm not laughing this morning. Why is it you're always the most sore, the second day?

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  10:20:05 AM  Show Profile
LMAO, Sherri, you went rollerskating, girl you got more guts than I do.
Yes, spent fun times at the Rollerdome. Glad to know that it is still there. Spent some great times there with my cousins and friends. I think now that I would spend more time on the floor than being upright!!! LOL
Oh my I bet you have sore muscles, good for you for doing it!!!!

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  11:45:43 AM  Show Profile
My DD just discovered roller skating this summer. We've been trying to go to once a week. You are right, it does take some practice to get back in that rhythm. And falling isn't so easy to shake off as I remember. Thought I had whiplash. Last week I made my goal of not falling.

I love when mommies actually get out and do stuff with their kids, instead of sitting and watching them. Missed memory opportunities!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  6:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like so much fun! I remember going to the local roller rink Friday and Saturday nights when I was little. I even remember when rollerblades or "in line" skates were introduced! :)

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  9:24:21 PM  Show Profile
All the "cool" people (teenagers) at the skating rink were using in-lines when I went the other night. I had trouble just staying upright on four regular wheels!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic We went roller skating! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page