purplelover
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Anna
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  08:28:57 AM  Show Profile
Can anyone tell what's a good shampoo & condtioner for long hair that half silver & blond. My hair alittle pass my waist and I usually wash it everyday and blow dry it. It does get a little frizzy at the back of the head and down the length. When I was younger it was pretty straight and smooth, now that I am in my 50's I have problems with frizzy and smoothness. I don't do anything like coloring or anything.

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:37:33 AM  Show Profile
My hair is very dark with a few strands of silver..and long and heavy and wavy..down almost to my waist now..
I LOVE Avalon Organics lavender shampoo and conditioner. It works great on my hair. I like the rosemary too, only it is volumizing shampoo and I certainly DON"T need that.
I tried the no shampoo thing ...baking soda...it didn't really work for me..wrong type of hair probably..but the Avalon stuff nourishes and makes my hair more controlable. I don't blow dry my hair (it gets too big) I don't color mine either. My mom has tried to talk me into coloring it..saying it makes your hair more smooth and all...I don't get that..and don't have time for it so I don't. She is a retired hairdresser.
I sure notice that my hair is wavier as I get older (I am 48) It was more straight for sure when I was in my 20's. The longer it gets the wavier it is too..and that just seems backwards!
Now that I have rambled on and on...just wanted to tell you about my favorite shampoo. I get it at Good Earth.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hair Care Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page