Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  5:30:08 PM  Show Profile
Today is my dh, Dan, and my 24th anniversary.
We were sitting her laughing at some of our wedding memories.
We got married on a Sunday afternoon after church. We lived here in Spokane and drove over to Olympia, and were married by my childhood pastor. On the way back that weekend from meeting Pastor Warner, we stopped to watch the sunset and got a flat tire. Had to call my dad and get help because our spare was flat. My dad laughed so hard, he said it made his day, the day before we get married, smooching and he has to rescue us. He still snickers when he thinks about it.

We went to church that morning and got to see friends and family it was so cool. So we go back to my folks house and the reception was going to be there, we had a very small wedding and loved the intimacy.
Any who's, dh was getting ready and really nervous. My mom had put out some pink wintergreen lozengers. And she keep filling it up. Unbeknowst to her, Dan keep going by and eating them. LOL
So for our fist 10 years, every year on our anniversary Mom would send him those pink wintergreen lozengers. He can just now 24 years later almost stand to eat a couple. My cousin made our wedding cake, carrot cake cuz we both loved it.
At the ceremony, Dan and I got the giggles because the night before Pastor Warner had told us we would pledge our troughs, and Dan said I will give her anything but my trough being a smart alek. WE had laughed pretty hard so when we came to that part in ceremony, we all lost it, Pastor included. Later I explained to my family.
As we were getting congratualed by family at the church my Aunt Leah walked by to give me a hug and her blouse had totally come unbuttoned. I hugged her to myself and we fixed the problem. My mom was trying not to laugh and then Aunt Leah let er rip. It was so funny. You have to understand, my Aunt Leah was prime and proper, so out of character to happen to her.
WE had a lot of fun and can still giggle over some of the stuff 24 years later. Look forward to lots more years.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  7:08:16 PM  Show Profile
Happy Happy Anniversary Carol Sue and Dan!! May you have many many more years of love, laughs and happiness together!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  7:59:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Blanche,
So what are some of your gals stories??????

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  8:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Happy anniversay! Today is my parents 31st anniversary! It must be a lucky day. Congrats!

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  8:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it neat to have those memories. A few of you know my story in the Readers Digest version...remarried my first husband 26 years to the day from when I divorced him and we'd not seen each other for 24 of those years. I was in the process of moving back to NV to take care of his 90 yr old mom, with then husband of 15 years and grown daughter and grandson. He decided to come visit her for the first time in 10 years. One look at each other and we knew the love was still there. I was 13 when we started dating and married him two days after I turned 16. We both had remarried twice and both had been married for 15 years when this happened. And both spouses were understanding...though his wanted him to buy her another house and he told her he'd pay off that one and she was okay. Ironically, he had come to visit his mother 10 years previously and our daughter and I missed him by one day...cause we left one day early. 12 years later, he we are. Oh, this was supposed to be the short version, forgot:)
Happy Happy to Carol Sue and Dan
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  9:23:38 PM  Show Profile
Happy Anniversary Carol Sue. Your wedding sounds like it was a real hoot. Wish I could have been there. I was married almost 11 years ago in the same church dh's parents and grandparents were married in. My wedding was a fun day especially when my brother decided he would do a striptease down to his jocks! You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Jul 31 2007 9:34:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  9:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Happy Anniversary Carol Sue. Hope it's a great one.
Here's our little wedding story:

We got married in the evening and dh, (acting the same as he does now, 36 years later) was in a hurry to get going, because he HAD to make so many miles before we stopped for the night. Well, we got about 10 miles down the freeway, when we got pulled over. Cop comes up to the driver's window sees that we had just left our wedding, (shaving cream writing and tin cans) and says "You'd better slow down son or you're gonna be spending your wedding night in the county jail." Well, he let us go, but we did come home with a ticket from California. Men - they never learn!!

Edited by - mikesgirl on Jul 31 2007 9:56:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  10:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Happy Anniversary! I just love happy wedding day memories! You are all so sweet!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  09:23:44 AM  Show Profile
Happy (belated)Anniversary Carol Sue,
Hope you & DH did't have to don your "Depends" after laughing so hard...
As you can see I am on the internet , using DH computer 'cause mine is having some issues!!!! aauugghh!!!!!
Have to run into town yet again, DOL & DOT, after we pick my DH's jeep from the repair shop. so we will just putter in town today.
Thank you for the Marionberry jam, yum!.....
ok, tata-4-now,
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  09:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh Happy Aniversary to you! How wonderful to be married 24 years and still laughing together and enjoying each other!

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  10:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Happy belated anniversary to you both, Carol Sue and Dan. What great stories and memories you have. I hope the next 24 are just as good. ;)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wedding memories...... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page