Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Any Farmgirl Pet Sitters out there?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Farmgirl Pet Sitters out there? Next Topic  

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  07:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
We are going to Disney for Thanksgiving and we have never left our Rottie for more than a few days 4-5 tops. We will be gone for nearly 10 days and I am stressed to the max about Kringle and his care while we are gone. He is such a creature of habit that I could not consider a kennel.

Any farmgirls do pet sitting that can offer some suggestions as to what to look for? Questions to ask? etc etc.

We have always had a friend take care of him and he stays with him, he is out of town the same time we are.

Hugs,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  07:27:55 AM  Show Profile
My sister takes her dog to the kennel where she got him. They love her dog, so for him it's like a visit back home. I would call local Rott breeders and ask them their opinion, either on kennels or they might know of a great pet sitter in your area.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  12:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Here is a link to another topic where we recently discussed some of this! I hope it helps a bit! I like pet/house sitter combos and usually you can find some really great people. I would ask your vet or vet's assistant if they know of anyone they would recommend.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12172

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  8:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
Hi Lorna, that is what I do (have for the last 17 yrs, lol) but I am in NY. Too bad to, I love Rotts and had one for 9 yrs.
That was why I started my service, to keep dogs out of kennels. We run it from our home, in our home with our dogs for company.
Some advice would be, ask other dog owers you know, ask at the shelter or the vets office. I have place my cards in all of these places. When I first started, I placed an ad in our local pennysaver paper. Also try groomer shops, pets shop. Sometimes word of mouth is your best bet and the most relible person can be found that way. These days, I prefer word of mouth as my way to advertise.
Do you have a neighbor or a high schooler you trust to come into your home? I do know, that there are not many like me who run the service right from their homes. I don't have a kennel. I have a home enviroment. I am not sure if this has already been posted or not but there is a place to locate Pet sitters. Goolge pet sitters and you just might find one. If a pet sitter is comming into your home, someone you don't know, they should be bonded and insured.

Good luck with it..
this was my Noah.. we still miss that boy!!! was the first dog my son knew.

pics from my world.. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/tra-dun/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Farmgirl Pet Sitters out there? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page