Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you, Farmgirls! Next Topic  

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  07:40:40 AM  Show Profile
First of all, I apologize to those of you who have sent me RAOK's and mail art. I am very appreciative! I have been putting off thanking you until I had time to do so individually, but I realize now that I need to do a general thank you on here so you know that I've received your mail! Thank you, MJFarmgal, Lilpunkin, Simpler1773, cmsmommy5, and Huckleberry Wine!! Expect something in the mail soon!!!

Here are the reasons it's taken me so long:

1) I had to "fast" MaryJanesFarm. I was letting myself get too caught up with reading every post and wanting to do what all of you talented women were doing...and I slacked off on my home duties! So...I just stayed away to retrain myself! :)

2) We had a housefire and everything was a mess! I couldn't even think straight for a while! The outside of our house is still a mess, but the inside is getting better!

3) Oh, honestly! You ladies don't care about my excuses! I'm done now! Thanks for your forgiveness!

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  07:46:07 AM  Show Profile
Mary, first of all we are here for you. You are very talented and just remember RAOK are just that. No obligation just a friendly HI. And you are very welcome by everyone. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  10:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Mary, so very sorry to hear of the house fire! I hope noone was injured; thoughts and prayers are with you, girlfriend! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  11:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Mary-

Nice to see you posting again!

I am so sorry you had a house fire! I hope it wasn't too bad and no one got hurt!

*hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  12:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Mary,
Understand about the fast, love to check everything out and sometimes it is surprizing how much time I have spend. I have a smaller home so quick picks up are easier.
Oh girl, a housefire, that really stinks. Okay, no pun intended there. Do you need anything that any of us can help with? Scrubbing the smoke damage down would be a bugger all in itself!!!!!
Thinking of you, HUGS
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

happyhousewife
True Blue Farmgirl

201 Posts

Mary
North Pole Alaska
201 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  12:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh, the fire actually wasn't that bad. Thanks, ladies! Actually, my husband's truck was parked in the driveway and it exploded (Beware of Fords...) and caught our shed and garage (attached to our house) on fire. The firefighters got here before it got to the rest of our house so we can still live here while it gets repaired. Everything's a mess, though, because there is ash and soot everywhere and it keeps getting tracked all over the place.

Speaking of firefighters- wow! What an amazing group of people! Of the 20 firefighters who showed up at our house, only one of them was paid! I am so impressed by all those people working for free and dropping everything to help others! What an honorable job!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  2:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Firefighters are amazing people. They have amazing amounts of courage and have to truly just want to help to be in that profession. They are constantly having equipment failures and the gasses and smoke that house fires emit are highly carcenogenic and just plain toxic. My uncle is a firefighter in Salt Lake City and I worry about him every single day. I am so grateful to these amazing men and women just for being willing to respond!

Mary- If you like to bake- I am sure they would love it if you made them some cookies or something for the fire hall!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  4:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Mary, there's a big difference between excuses and reasons, so don't apologize for sharing what's been going on. I'm glad you're all okay and things are starting to get back to normal.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you, Farmgirls! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page