True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  08:38:42 AM  Show Profile
Okay, ladies, here is the list for this weekend:

dh -- finish drywalling the upper 1/2 of the master bathroom walls; lay the hardwood in the upstairs hall between the kitchen and the back door; lay tile in the upstairs bathroom; bush hog (sp) more area and mow what is already bush hogged; help me refinish the dresser/vanity; regular daily chores

me -- keep stripping the dresser/vanity; primer and 2 coats of paint in the hall and master bathroom; help lay hardwood; help lay tile; regular daily chores; laundry; fix a couple of dishes to take to the carry-in dinner at church on Sunday

We also have to drive to town (a 2-hr round trip) to pick up our pocket doors. If we have time, we'll paint those so we can hang them Monday night when dh gets home from work.

Boy, that doesn't seem like much. But I know that will take up the entire weekend!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  09:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Send me some of that energy darlin- you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

blessings
beth

I Can

http://blissnblossomfarm.com
http://lifeatbnbfarm.blogspot.com

www.firehousesoapcompany.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  09:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doesn't seem like much? That sounds like a lot of hard work to me!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  3:06:03 PM  Show Profile
Good grief woman, that would take me a lot longer than
a weekend!!!!!

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  3:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Did you get everything done this weekend?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  7:05:12 PM  Show Profile
How did you go? I'm sure I couldn't get so much done in 1 weekend. Do you get any rest?

Friends are the best collectables.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  11:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hope you checked everything off your list, Patti. Love those pocket doors - hope to have some myself some day. Show us pics, please...

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  1:18:10 PM  Show Profile
We didn't lay the bathroom tile, but dh put up the shelves along the two end walls instead. I'm not good at explaining, but I'll try. We have cathedral ceilings and everything (except our bedroom) is open. The bathroom is in a 12 x 12 wing off the main part of the house. The peak runs from front to back, so at the front and back of the house at the top of the walls, there's a triangle of extended wall. Boy that isn't very clear. Anyway, where the triangle meets the wall beneath, I wanted a shelf running the width of both front & back of the house, so he put those up. It turned out to take much longer than he thought it would, so the tile didn't get put down.

I haven't finished the dresser yet, but I'm about 1/3 of the way done.

We picked up the doors but didn't get to painting them. I'll do that tomorrow, probably. Today has been completely taken up with grocery shopping, laundry, etc., etc. I'm hoping to get started on the dresser/vanity again after I eat a bite of lunch.

We leave very early Thursday and won't be back until Sunday, so nothing will get done. But dh really needs a break and we're both looking forward to going to Canton.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  10:30:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It still sounds like you got tons done! I think you did a great job of explaining :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  05:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
You made a lot of progress, Patti. I think I got a good idea of the layout from your description. It all sounds beautiful - especially the large size of the bathroom(It seems like every bathroom in every house I've ever owned or rented is about the size of a small closet-LOL). Take a breather and enjoy your time off. :)

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic This weekend's projects Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page