_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  07:26:25 AM  Show Profile
So, yeah, I've been keeping the house clean for the last 2 weeks because of birthday parties. And I've been using my master bedroom as the "chuck-it-all" spot. And I've not been on top of laundry because I've been busy making birthday cakes. And I don't yet have a laundry hamper in my closet because I've kind of had to buy birthday stuff, etc.

So, today we have the termite inspector over. It's time for the house to be checked. My husband lets me know a couple of days ago. I was planning on getting everything picked up, but yesterday I spent some time rearranging my bedroom because I'm going to get some more bookshelves, maybe a desk etc.

So, the termite comes in. He looks over the house, most of it, and he starts asking me about my kids' school because the T-shirt that I'm wearing is my kids' school's t-shirt. And GUESS WHAT???? His 2 kids are going there. So, he's just looked over my entire house, including my completely gross master bathroom with all the laundry piled up, the dishes are piled up. Argh. That's not usually a habit I get into, but it's been birthday cake headquarters, etc.

Yes, and meantime we are talking about how wonderful the school is, it's a private school, blah blah blah and how well behaved the kids are yada yada and while we are chatting, my 2 daughters start fighting vehemently about Dora animal cookies. Please, embarrass mom a bit more, cuz I don't think mom did a good enough job there.

Oh and we have termites. Yeah, happy 11th anniversary today honey, we have termites.

Well, I need to go do some laundry!!!

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  07:32:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh..... I can sympathize...but it is a funny story!(murphy's law?)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  08:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh My gosh! I had something similar happen while I was uber sick with morning sickness- We had to have the cable repair guy over. All the cable equipment is in the office which used to be Doug's office (before Nora came along). I had been meaning to clean it up so that we wouldn't be mortified when the cable guy came. Well I thought the guy was coming on Thursday- but he came on Tuesday! How embarassing! We had dirty laundry and dishes because I was too sick to take care of anything. Ugh- I hate it when my house is seen like that!

*hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  08:43:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh my Rebecca you made me laugh, isn't that just the way life goes.....
Carol sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  08:56:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rebecca . . . First of all ((((HUGS)))) we've all been in your shoes. I think for many of us the master bedroom becomes the "catch all" because it is the only room that is free of the kids and the rest of the house hold activity. Our room is the last to get cleaned and almost always "hidden" when company comes. Ours also is where we stash birthday and Christmas presents, and our walk-in closets are also our storage room, as the house has no other extra storage areas. I remember when our sprinkler system broke down last year and being horrified to find out that the main valves for it where in my husband's walk-in closet. I too wanted to die. And then there was when the cable guy had to run the cable through our room, when I thought he would only be in our tidy family room. I think these moments are meant to keep us humble and make us continue to strive to improve. If we were never embarrassed or had things that needed to improve we would never grow. I guess we all need a serving of humble pie once in a while, but it sure tastes bad going down. Be thankful it was a man that was there and not a woman. Most men truly have tunnel vision and he may not have noticed half the mess. Plus, remember, we usually only see other peoples "public face" and their "private face" may be just as messy if not worse than yours. That was a lesson I learned from Dr. Phil in his "Family First" book. It is easy to compare our private lives to the public lives we see of others, which is truly not the reality of their lives.

As for the termites . . . ouch! We "flipped" my inlaws house a few years ago and when we removed the old siding in preparing for putting on permanent siding, we discovered the rotten little pesks. $3000 dollars later and lots of drill holes throughout the concrete of the basement, it was fixed. Then the other bummer is you have to disclose this if you ever sell your home. Since we were re-doing this house to sell, we had to admit it immediately, but the buyers were understanding and we were told by the termite guy that over half the homes in the US have termites . . . they just don't know it.

With hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  10:43:35 AM  Show Profile
It was not only Murphy's law today, but last night as well. I am dog sitting for 3 schnauzers sp? and one of them really got the crate nasty just minutes after their owners drove away. So I had to take care of that and I hate cleaning up after my own dog, so that was not fun.

I agree, these moments do challenge you and make you humble. Even if I kept everything ship-shape all the time it wouldn't mean that weirdness would not ever happen. That's just life. It's messy, dynamic and organic!!!

But, that doesn't mean that I need to ever slack off because you want to be as prepared as you can for when life's ups and downs come into play.

Thanks for letting me vent!!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  5:20:10 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca,
you want a funny, not very often do we have company. Today I was up at 8:30 which is excellent for me. I am up puttering around, dd came down and we were frying bacon for lunch cause I got on this bug to do my yoyo's so I was in happy land. There was a knock on the door and there stands Katmom, Grace, I was laughing my butt off. Don't it just figure, didn't bother her at all, but......
Ya gotta just laugh.....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  6:51:30 PM  Show Profile
I think they would be most understanding of the desire to do yoyo's. Ha! That's pretty cute.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic so embarrassed Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page