Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Any Farmgirls from Eastern Iowa?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Farmgirls from Eastern Iowa? Next Topic  

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1807 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1807 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  1:50:45 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering if there are any farmgirls from eastern Iowa around
Cedar Rapids-Iowa City- or any small town anywhere near. I have connected with one from the Tiffin area and wondered if there were more. Marlene

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  2:56:11 PM  Show Profile
I am in Delaware county, about 35-40 minutes north of Cedar Rapids!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1807 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1807 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  09:07:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth, Do you live on a farm or in town? I live near Swisher. My husband and I bought my parents farmstead (10 acres)a year ago and are slowly cleaning up old buildings, trees, etc
The farm is near Williamsburg. I don't see many posts from Iowa here so was curious if there was anyone else from Iowa. I work fulltime for Kirkwood College so don't have much time for crafts but always admire what others have done and love to go to craft shows.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  5:50:15 PM  Show Profile
We don't live on a farm yet. I've grown up in the country but my husband and I just bought this house in town last year. At this point we are not able to afford a home in the country but hope to save some money and sell this house in ten years or so and buy a small acreage.
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  8:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Elizabeth! I am in Delaware county too! Between Earlville and Dyersville. Where are you?
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  1:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, my husband's daughters live and work in Cedar Rapids - his son lives in the town of Swisher and works in Iowa City. How ironic is this???? I'm originally from Hampton, worked in Mason City and my husband lived in Cedar Rapids and Perry.

Just wanted to jump in here and say "hi" from a former resident. Good luck with your search.

Peace and love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  03:38:40 AM  Show Profile
I live in NW Indiana, but we have friends who live in Mason City, Iowa. We've driven to Savannah, Illinois, crossed the Mississippi there and gone west on that highway to Maqoqueta (sp?) and Anamosa for motorcycle events the last 3 summers. One year we went along the Mississippi north to Dubuque and then on to Balltown to eat at the oldest restaurant in Iowa. I don't remember the name, but the food was great!!

I always thought that Iowa was flat farmland like NW Indiana, but that northeast section at least is beautiful!! Rolling hills, dairy farms, just beautiful! I could move there in a minute, but my husband HATES snow, and our friends in Mason City say there's lots of snow up there. Enjoy your day!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  07:22:11 AM  Show Profile
Breitbach's is the name of the restaurant. It's amazing how Iowa can go from flat to very hilly in a matter of miles. Yeah, we do get plenty of snow sometimes. But the rest of the year makes it worthwhile.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1807 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1807 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  07:37:49 AM  Show Profile
I have been to Balltown, my husband is from Mason City and has an aunt and a cousin that live there. We were just there last Friday to visit. I have been to Anamosa and Dubuque. Our favorite get a way for a weekend is to go somewhere on the
Mississippi. Last week we were in West Union and then went to Prairie du Chien and then to Mason City. My husband works for Terex and I work for Kirkwood Community College. It is good to meet you all and interesting to know your connection to Iowa. I have been to dyersville also. I like northern Iowa the best as it is really pretty. Have you been to the Amanas? That is probably the closest tourist attraction to us. Iowa can have lots of snow and cold in Jan and Feb the rest of the time it is not to bad. Right now the heat 90 plus is getting old. But I think most of the country is having that also.
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  9:06:54 PM  Show Profile
I live about ten minutes from Dyersville. I have only been to the Amanas to pick up puppies a couple times, but I would love to visit. Our big thing is going to the lock and dams along the Mississippi. We go to the one in Dubuque all the time, but have also been to the ones in Bellevue and Guttenburg. Our goal is to see all of them some day. Northeastern Iowa is really beautiful with all its hills and trees and it's not a very long drive for us. Fall is really spectacular.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Farmgirls from Eastern Iowa? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page