Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 I "get" to Farmsit for my Neighbors!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I "get" to Farmsit for my Neighbors!! Next Topic  

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  1:08:10 PM  Show Profile
A couple times a year my next door neighbors take a Family Vacation
& ask me to watch their critters & house..
I have my instructions of course.. feeding, watering.. egg collecting.. Rooster Dodging.. & any other new news..

& Yes for those of you that know me well.. these are the neighbors that although i do love them.. the kids drive me absolutley batty.. i am unable to walk out my door with out being flogged my them.. The FIVE of them!!..

So I tip toe in & out my door to avoid having to spend all my waking hours with them.. as I seem to be their best form of entertainment.. They seem to feel I am the most Comical thing they have ever seen! But this is ever so tireing.. & I would just so much rather just hide out in the quite garden some where then have a continous non stope never ending conversation quiz session with 5 little kids!!! One of their biggest concerns of which right now of which is WHY on earth did I plant all those Bushes right there next to that big ugly shed that i brought in last summer? They almost can't see me in the garden now???

Anyway.. Back to their vacation.. Which as you may have guessed by now.. I look at as MY Vacation!!
They will be pulling out at aproximately 5am.. or so I have been told my the 11 year old.. i am hoping all the packing will have taken place the nite before.. I think i shall go over Friday evening to offer to help load up.. To ensure they get a nice early start!
Maybe I'll help pack a nice goodie basket too! GOBS of sugar!
Momma should see how fun it is to be stuck with her little sweeties in a small space while they want to talk non stop..

OK Back to the Barn Yard..
When they leave.. I find at that the first day or so the chickens are a bit skittish.. as they usually tend to be..
So I'll go in & clear out all their old hay the Dad has in there.. Clean out this contraption he's built for their water..
Which actually is pretty clever.. & talk to them for a bit.. Those Roosters & I have a few things to sort out you know..
Check on the bunnies & what ever else they have going on in their porch.. I think the 8 year old mentioned quaile or something & another Rooster thats not real happy right now..
They have lost yet another dog to the road.. This makes 6 i think in 4 years.. ( They can't take all the voices either i gather.. )

I have found over the years something that is very funny to me.. That probably shouldn't be..
My neighbors chickens like me better then they do them..
Again.. I think it's too stressful & chaotic when their home..
Maybe they could live there in shifts.. or.. stop talking..?

now.. You all know me.. you know I talk.. & laugh.. alot..
But these people just NEVER Shut up!! E v e r ..
About everything..

As I said.. The Chickens are pretty wired when i first take over the Fram.. But after I spend a bit of time.. cleaning out their pen.. ( & it's not dirty really.. I just visit with them to reasure them that I'm ok.. ) Visiting them.. tell them what to expect of me.. & what i expect of them...
I get a hand full of eggs here & there.. But.. By the end of my term.. I will have usually at least doubled the amount of eggs they decided to give!! it's great!!
So naturally they continue this for a few more days when the family gets home..
But then they go back to being stressed again..
& giving old Dad a handful of eggs a day!

He just doesn't get it!!
Keeps asking me what I'm doing different..

i said well.. It's just me really.. they aren't stressed out..

But i do take two of the dogs with me.. & they roll around the yard.. & hang out while I water & everything.. & the Chickens see them.. So it's pretty funny..

I mean really what can I say..?
Make your kids stop acting like wild banshees? So your chickens aren't stressed out??
i mean if they can't be a bit wild at home.. when can they..
So.. they just don't get alot of eggs..
I'm tempted to add a few more eggs to the bowl right before they get home this time just to REALLY send him over the edge though!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 25 2007 2:18:19 PM

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  1:19:47 PM  Show Profile
oh my gosh Kathy..you are too funny...have fun at the "farm"...but then somehow I just know you will..ha.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  2:01:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the laugh, Kathy.....you should be a comedian, or write a book like Erma Bombeck!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  4:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh Miss Kathie you are at it again. I bet those chickens love the reprive, do you make them laugh too. Ya gots to have fun!!!!!
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  6:16:32 PM  Show Profile
LOL... Kathie.... Does it get better during the school year? or are they home schooled? I think that sugar treats would be great to give them on a road trip!

I think we live next to their relatives.... I dont know how long "new baby cant be bothered" will work.... I am hoping for another 5 yrs.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  6:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kathie- Are you sure you aren't a leprechaun? Playing pranks on poor old dad! LOL You made me smile! I am sure it will be nice to hear the birds singing for once (if there are any left in the neighborhood!) Maybe the mom and dad are so used to it that they don't even "hear" the kids anymore?

*hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  6:47:18 PM  Show Profile
ok.. i wasn't going to go there.. BUTtttttttttttt.. now that you brought it up dear friend yes.. the little dears are.. yes.. you guessed it.. all home schooled!!
& i don't want to hear any crap about this from any of you either!!
You don't live next door to the little demons!
ok..?
i know so many people home school now & i think it's such a wonderfull thing.. just NOT for my next door neighbors!!
First of all.. i suspect She is doing it for all the wrong reasons..
2ndly.. they are driving me crazy..
3rdly.. I have come to the conclusion that the older you get yourself.. the less tolerant you become of children younger then your own.. Mine are now 26, 27, & 28..
4thly.. They rarely leave the "compound" as i have come to call it now.. except for what appears to be once a week to meet up with other like mothers & children.. Unless of course Mom has a falling out with them.. then they have to regroup..
5thly.. they seem to feel that i am here to forever entertain them..
i walk out my door.. ANY one of my doors.. & THERE is at least one of them!! No Kidding!! they have this "Miss Kathie" radar.. & then naturally they sound the alarm for the rest of the heard to come running..
"SHE'S OUTSIDE!!"
6thly.. they are driving me crazy!
7thly.. they seem to think that, although i have tried to set up 'boundries'.. by explaining that SOMETIMES.. Miss Kathie just needs some ADULT quiet time.. all on her own.. in her OWN yard.. ALL by HERSELF.. with NO wonderful, friendly , beautiful neighbor children.... that it's OK.. to stand on THEIR side of the fence.. & SHOUT from way across the two acre distance between us.. to ask just what it is I could be doing there.. ALL by MYSELF!!! & wouldn't I really rather have them ALL there with me?? The CONSTANT "MISS KATHIE.. WHAT ARE YOU DOING.. " as I mow.. or pull weeds or plant things.. or TRY to sun bath or JEEZZZZ.. anything.. Drives me absolutley batty!!

And just about the time i have had enough & am so ready to flip my lid on every single one of them!! & tell their parents to keep their hellion kids in their own damn yard because i'm NOT their live in damn next door babysitter For God's sake's.. & That i raised MY three all by myself.. Why the heck can't they seem to manage with out looking like she's ready to go off the deep end?
I hear the 3 year old yelling at me.. as he is climbing the chain link fence in his bare feet.. ( because yes.. the little monkey can.. & does.. )& as I am walking over there ready to finally do my Tyrade..
He smiles one of those snotty little smiles at me & says
"I love you" & hanging on with one hand.. shove's the other grubby little one in his sister's pink shorts that he's wearing & pulls out a mangled lizard that he's been carrying around.. WAITING for me to be there so he could SHOW ME!!!
& says "I caughted it!"

So..8thly..I feel like a heel..I do love them..
But they DO DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 25 2007 6:50:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  7:51:58 PM  Show Profile
Miss Kathie, I don't have kids, I have Grandma Emma that seems to have radar I swear. I love her and she lives on her own, her 3 children visit her regularlu. but every time I am in my front yard, she is there to talk. My dh and I like to sit out front and visit with each other and just hang but Emma just walks up and starts talking even in the middle of our conversation. We have lived here for 8 years and it hasn't changed. Mind you she is also the one I traced the patter for 4 hours yesterday so that she would have some stichery while she is on bed rest. What can you say, you love them but sometimes want a break.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  9:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! Kathie I am laughing so hard right now! You have NO idea!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I "get" to Farmsit for my Neighbors!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page