sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  11:29:36 AM  Show Profile
Holy Cow, girls....it is flat out raining in Wyoming. The sheep pen is over-flowing, the baby chicks are hiding under their Mom and the dog won't even go outside (big wimp). We went 36 days with no rain and now it's a Frog Strangler! Yippee! *dancin in the rain, dripping on my puter*

Sherone

www.taylorscountrystore.etsy.com

http://sheronesgarden.tripod.com/

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  11:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm happy you're getting the blessing of some much needed rain, Sherone! We're about 5" below normal here in Kentucky. And when we got about 1 1/2" last Thursday, I just went out and stood in it and let it run down my hair, my face and my arms! :D And hummed songs about rain, water, etc. LOL

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  1:57:47 PM  Show Profile
Well we just had 5 straight days of rain and I am not doing a happy dance. Today is nice and the sun is finally out. South of us even set new rain records---that's us-Wet Washington. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  8:11:32 PM  Show Profile
Yippee, skippee, we got rain today. Nice, steady and strong for about 30 minutes. We haven't had rain since I don't remeber when and we sure need it. It smells heavenly! The air is refreshing, not humid!!! I hope and pray we get more tomorrow!!! Perhaps I'll hang a few things on the line to tempt the rain gods...
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  4:33:35 PM  Show Profile
Sleepless,

I'm sooo jealous. I'm not sure I remember what rain is like. We got the humidity last week. Awful sticky stuff. I think our southern gal pals are made of sturdier stuff than me. Hate the humidity, but loved the way it made my skin feel.
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  07:06:29 AM  Show Profile
While you are dancing could you do a dance to send the rain here in the South? We haven't had rain for awhile. We have had quick little showers but not enough to settle the dust. It has been hot and humid. My hair looks like a HUGE brillo pad.lol
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
www.homesteadblogger.com/twolmzfarms
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  08:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
We're into our 2 or 3 weeks of "monsoon" with afternoon thundershowers. At least we've now had enough rain to lower the fire danger from extreme to high.

This afternoon, all of Southern Utah is under flash flood watch... what's that about too much of a good thing?

I know what you mean about the sheep pen over flowing... my kids look like drowned rats. Their fleeces are just full of sand now.

Our backyard (can you spell sand dune?) became a lake yesterday, and will do the same today. Dogs aren't that keen on it either, especially my little wimp.

Shari Thomas
farmer, web copywriter, blogger
Shari's Gone Country
Vote for me at "Blog for a year"
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic It's a Frog Strangler! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page