BeckyM540
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Becky
Nebo WV
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  7:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Send BeckyM540 an AOL message
I got up sat. morning and they had been here again. I found a milk carton full of zucchini's and squash in the garage. So I spent the day making bread and butter zucchini and squash. Now today the other elf (my dad) called and guess what he has about 8 heads of cabbage waiting for me to pick up in the morning. Gonna "can" clow slaw. (sugar-free). I'll let you know how it turns out. hummmmmmmmm, wonder what the elves will leave next. I keep thinking berries...

From the hills of WV
Becky

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  8:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yum! Can you share your elves? I really think I would love them tons!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  8:34:23 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that so nice? I never grow corn since my WONDERFUl neighbor always supplies us with all we can use every year. Another neighbor sent us bags and bags of fresh green beans last year..I canned them right up. I always try to share tomatoes since I grow way more than we can use each year. I would love to know how the slaw turns out! I have 6 heads of cabbage growing in my garden that will be ready maybe this weekend.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  8:55:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh yum you guys and how great. I have enjoyed what little canning I have done this year. Hope those elves show up at my house.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

BeckyM540
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Becky
Nebo WV
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  10:14:05 AM  Show Profile  Send BeckyM540 an AOL message
Aunt Jenny, Gran(David's mother) made the slaw the other day. It was very good. If you want the recipe I can post it It is a very easy one.

From the hills of WV
Becky

I am doing mine today. I'll let you know how it goes
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  10:58:56 AM  Show Profile
I don't have any elves in my life this year. I have in the past and they were great. I have also been an elf, and enjoyed that too. The guy next door to this house we just bought has a HUGE garden and it's only the two of them. He's crabby though - doesn't talk unless it's negative, so I don't expect any garden surplus from him! That cement block fence between us is only about 4 feet tall though and his lights do go off pretty early in the evening...........
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  4:47:54 PM  Show Profile
LOLOLOLOL Hmmmmm, can you get over the fence, there will be little elves alright, sneaking things from the garden.....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic The Little Eleves are back Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page