lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  10:05:11 PM  Show Profile
My favorite chair is one that my husband bought for me on our anniversary four years ago. He decided to humor me and we went antiqueing together. I found a worn wicker rocker that was chippy and missing a few "threads". It has the original cotton/spring filled cushion and I keep it covered in fresh cottage floral looking fabrics.It sits on my front porch where the cats sleep when they think I'm not looking!! It reminds me of my husbands thoughtfullness every time I step onto my porch. It's a place to sit and take off your garden shoes after a long afternoon of weeding or caring for the animals. It often calls out to me to enjoy an iced tea and the peacefullness around me.

Missy
LaMarguerite Farm

TwoWildflowers
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Kathleen
Penn Valley Ca
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  10:50:31 AM  Show Profile
My favorite chair is a rocking chair. It is a large Windsor chair with arms. My husband noticed how much I loved the chair while in a furniture stove when I was pregnant with #1. While I was out of the house on Mother's Day weekend, two weeks before the baby arrived, he planted it in our family room. It blended in so well that I didn't even notice it at first! I loved the chair for its fit back then, today I love if for the memories of nursed babies and sleepy eyes. It began to creak with years of use and recently had a re-glue! It is still beautiful, even down to the tiny little chew marks on one rocker from a new much-desired puppy.

It has been fun to rock my first grandbaby in that same chair I first rocked her daddy! I guess this makes the chair almost antique!!

Friends are my flowers in the garden of life
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl@Heart
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  12:08:06 PM  Show Profile
My favorite chair is the swing on the front porch. While I sit looking out over the rolling hills, vegetable and flower gardens, all the animals playing in the field. And I can't forget all the birds singing their morning song... "Hello, rise and shine, it's time to start another beautiful day".

*** Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others ***
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2005 :  2:51:54 PM  Show Profile
Can i cheat alittle, because mine is not a chair,but a love seat? Many years ago it matched my sofa and hardly anyone ever sat in it. So when i needed seating for "my" little space, i had a slipcover made out of several different fabrics,including an old table cloth with primary colored fruit. we piped it all in red. the seamstress said it was the most fun she had ever had sewing...well, that must have been all that "love"seat needed..alittle TLC, because since then it's where i sit first thing in the morning for my quiet time and coffee,for prayers, for chats on the phone and deep discussions with my children, for reading books and curling up for a nap. for comforting friends and once even alittle afternoon delight.it's where i run to for deep breathing when i'm trying to get a grip and where i've sobbed over losses i thought too great to bear. i think of it as my sacred space. just my seat on the cushion and that peace starts to settle on me and all is well...or will be very soon.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2005 :  4:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Here's my favorite chair...

I love IT...COMFY!!!

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Wife to Jerry for 27+ years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks
http://www.thesoapmaven.com

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  9:36:53 PM  Show Profile
favorite chair(s) ... when the midnight moon creeps down into our little valley and only me and the crickets or pond frogs ae still awake, i love my Johnston Benchworks straight-back colonial chair to sit in .. in the 'upper cabin' (built in the midst of the civil war) .. i enjoy this one because i can sit and read and look up from the pages of my book from time to time at the olde log walls and imagine all the women who lived in this home before me .. and know that i am a link in the chain of the history of these cabins.

i adore the antique rocking chairs on both our front porch and our side porch .. this is where i gather with my honey hunk for our morning cup of coffee to discuss our grande plans for this new day in our lives.

quote:
Originally posted by lamarguerite farm

My favorite chair is one that my husband bought for me on our anniversary four years ago. He decided to humor me and we went antiqueing together. I found a worn wicker rocker that was chippy and missing a few "threads". It has the original cotton/spring filled cushion and I keep it covered in fresh cottage floral looking fabrics.It sits on my front porch where the cats sleep when they think I'm not looking!! It reminds me of my husbands thoughtfullness every time I step onto my porch. It's a place to sit and take off your garden shoes after a long afternoon of weeding or caring for the animals. It often calls out to me to enjoy an iced tea and the peacefullness around me.

Missy
LaMarguerite Farm

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2005 :  9:12:06 PM  Show Profile
My chair is similar to Kathleen's. Mine is my bentwood rocker. I had always wanted one. So for my 21st b-day, pregnant with our first daughter, my DH bought me the rocker. He spent what seemed forever putting it together in a different room while I watched a movie. Finally, he brought it out. I was so excited. He sat in it and started rocking, only to hear a 'clunk,clunk' He had put the two brace pieces on the bottom of the rockers instead of the top. I laughed so hard. He fixed and I've been rocking in it ever since. Many hours rocking with nursing,sleeping, crying babes, 3 of them. I look forward, Kathleen too, rocking my grandbabies, which we hope to be hearing any time when that might be.

we lived in Alaska for a short time. When we moved we needed to do a major downscale of all our household goods. We only were taking a 8 x 10 trailer. Needless to say most all our funiture had to be sold. I couldn't bring myself to sell the rocker so I left it in the nursery at our church. I was sad to leave it behind. A few months after we had left we got a phone call from one of our friends from AK saying they were passing through and could we do lunch. Yep, you guessed it, they brought my rocker with them. I was more excited recieving it the second time then the first.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic My favorite Chair   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page