Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Looking for special Iris - will trade
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Looking for special Iris - will trade Next Topic  

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  06:57:25 AM  Show Profile
I am looking for I believe they are called siberian iris. See posted photo. I will trade the following for a couple of bulbs - miniature bearded irises in multiple colors of purple and white. Some dog tooth lilies (small with large leaves and little yellow flower, like partial to full shade)or a couple of I believe they are called Lucifer Breath - tall flat leave with a hot orange flower.

[]

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  07:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Anne. I have Siberians at the farm. Is there any particular variety or color? Mine look pretty much like the photo, but I don't know their name.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  09:25:30 AM  Show Profile
You can always look on etsy too....lots of people sell lilies and irises.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://tasharose365.wordpress.com/
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
Birth is safe, interference is risky; TRUST BIRTH
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  09:50:29 AM  Show Profile
I also have siberians (2, but both the very one in the photo you posted), if you're interested. I very much need to "minimize" them this year, but I'm not too sure on shipping them, so if Janice can help, she's a natural!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  10:18:16 AM  Show Profile
Janice -

Oh goodie!!! I am looking for purple/blueish like the photo or white or a varigated purple and white. Would you like to do the trade? I forgot to add I can also send starts for either a deep red or tall white peonie too (wouldn't be till fall, but can do that).

Let me know. Thanks

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  10:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Sounds great, Anne. I'd really like to trade for a peony(deep red). I've got a bunch of Siberians around a power pole that need to be moved. I can probably dig them this Sunday and send them out next week. In spite of what Jonni says, I'm not an expert shipper. LOL Do you think I should send them bare root with damp newspaper around them? Just send me your mailing address.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile
I have Siberian Irises too - purple, purple/white and yellow. I'm just not sure how to ship them.
Alison

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  1:36:18 PM  Show Profile
I shipped bulbs to another Farmgirl and all I did was dig them up, let them dry out in a cool spot - wrapped them up in paper (newspaper works) put in a box and shipped them. It probably would be best to let them die down a bit before you dig, I would think.

Anne in Portland

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Looking for special Iris - will trade Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page