wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  7:41:53 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to you this sign that I've had for seveal years. I found it at an antique store in Bellingham. I thought you would enjoy it! One of our local farmers thought it may have came from a steam boat that ran up and down our river!http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1216/866627679_3c8f6afe55_m.jpg

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  8:57:04 PM  Show Profile
I love it. what a neat sign and i bet it was on one of the boats that travelled from Conway to Mount Vernon or upriver from Mount Vernon to
Sedro Woolley. WOW!! Is it in your shop or at your home? MB
PS I have a book called Skagit Settlers 1890-1920 and there are two pictures of the Skagit Queen. She was a sternwheeler that travelled from the Sound up river to Mount Vernon and Avon and back. And also out to Rosario. How neat you have have the name plate and I have a picture and some history. THANKS. MB
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Jul 21 2007 9:04:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  10:29:49 PM  Show Profile
What great information~Thank You!!! That book sounds vaquely familiar...I wonder if I picked it up and thumbed through it one time at Scott's..The sign is in our home, one of my niece's has 'dibs' on it! Apparently she has stuck a piece of masking tape with her name on it somewhere on the back:) She is going out with a Conway farm boy so perhaps it will always stay in the valley:) I love looking at your pictures of this area - thanks so much for sharing them!~Dona

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MaryBeth Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page