elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  4:23:19 PM  Show Profile
I tried to make MJ's cobbler recipe w/ blueberries for my family tonight and it didn't turn out. I followed the recipe to a T but there just was not that much batter to put on top of the berries and when I did it all just ran down inside the berries with nothing on top.
Has anyone else had this problem or know what I did wrong? I would like to try it again but a little scared it will turn out the same.
Thanks!

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  6:14:49 PM  Show Profile
I've made that recipe with good results before. Read the recipe slowly and in detail. Did you remember to put in all the ingredients?

Edited by - ivmeer on Jul 17 2007 6:15:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  05:26:21 AM  Show Profile
I did add all the ingredients and the right amounts. The recipe calls for 4 cups of fruit and 1/2 cup each of BM, sugar, and milk. That is only 1 full cup of dry ingredients to 4 cups of fruit. Last night I looked up other cobbler recipes. They all called for 4 cups of fruit but a total of over 3 1/2 cups of dry ingredients. I think that makes more since. I remade MJ's cobbler last night using 1 1/4 cups each of BM, sugar and milk. It was the right amount of dough for the amount of berries.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MJ cobbler Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page