AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile
I have off and on considered doing some of the things I can do, LOL, and seeing if there is any interest in stuff like mine. My question is does anyone have an suggestions about what things seem to sell and if there are others that really just don't. My latest, project is on my blog. If anyone wants to take a look and tell me what they think. Would something like this sell??? I have some other things I am going to be doing I just have not had the time to get the projects going, but I will here shortly. ONe of the items was small handbags trimmed with darling trims, some bead work, some bangles and spangles, some maybe like feather boa stuff, and still different things for others. I have a collection of lovely fabrics in a wide variety of colors and designs about 150 different fabrics. I am just really curious about what might and might not be worth the time of a this mother of 6, LOL. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Amy

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  3:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Amy I think your frame is VERY cute. I PERSONALLY would probably not buy one but only because I have all natural wood barn frames in my house. I do think it is really really cute and sellable. What type of price would you ask? I think most anything handmade can be sellable you just have to find the right people to sell it too.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  3:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy-

I LOVE your frame! I think it is absolutly adorable and you could make other frames like it with other flower types too! Do you have a farmer's market or something similar where you could sell to?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  07:30:51 AM  Show Profile
AmyEllen, my daughter would love frames like this (her room is done in pink and black), and I think your frame is really cute. I'm no help on the price, etc., issue, though. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  9:06:41 PM  Show Profile
I love the frame and yes I do think it could sell. I make what I love even though a lot of experts say make what the customer loves. I figure I am not unique in this world so if I make something I love there will be someone who wants to buy it. It's all about marketing to that person that loves what you do.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  9:39:46 PM  Show Profile
Hello

Thank you everyone for you nice words about the frame I have been busy making covered notebooks and such. I am still not sure about what to do as far as making any extra money. I need to get more things made up to have some sort of stock I guess. I also need to start sewing the purses up. I will see what I can get done.

Thanks a bunch
Amy

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Okay a question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page