Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Patch Next Topic  

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  9:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Today when I went to the dr he said he thinks I am starting to go through menopause. he wants me to try a patch of natural hormone for a month to see if that will level off my homones and help me feel better. Has anyone one here used the patch? I don't like drugs so this is new to me.
Thanks,
elizabeth

My shop www.theclothesline.etsy.com
I sell Crabapple Hill Studio and other Patterns. Pluse lots of other handmade items.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  9:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I have never tried it but let me know how it works. Been thinking about you and your daugher, will be praying for good news tomorrow.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  04:45:05 AM  Show Profile
I used a patch at one time and it was fine. I did develop an allergy to the adhesive, but other than that it did help a lot. (Not using anything now.) I hope that you can get the relief you need! Keeping you and your daughter in my prayers.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  06:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
The doctor had me use it to try and control my bleeding disorder hated it gave me a 6 month contunious cycle if you know what I mean not trying to be gross just that is what happened it worked great for my sister in law.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  07:15:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth,
I've been using natural progesterone cream. (wild yam) and taking organic vitamins with hormone balancing herbs. They are doing the trick for me. Never heard of a patch like this.
Hugs,
Denise

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  10:24:17 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I've been on the Vivelle dot patch for a few years. Since I had to have an emergency complete hysterectomy. I love it, it's been the only hormone patch that I could get to stay on. There's another one in a pink box, I believe it starts with a C, I couldn't get it to stick. But without my patches I'm a bear!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  5:45:24 PM  Show Profile
Yep, I use Vivelle dot too but I really don't like that it leaves a skin discoloration on me. I'm not that vain but after a few months I have spots all over. The one that Mikki is talking about doen't stay on worth a darn! I think I will go to pills as I am pretty good about remembering to take my vitamins and I really don't like the ugly marks on me.

Good luck with this as it's REALLY a big deal and we don't want you to become a "bear" either!
Go to Top of Page

gateway girl
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Shari
Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  6:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil. I take one 1,000 mg capsule in the morning and have never experienced a symptom of menopause even though my doctor says I am more than half way through with it. I started taking it when I went to an oncologist because my doctor felt a hard lump in my breast. Ended up with plain old lumpy breasts (fluid filled cysts- non cancerous). Anyway the oncologist told me to take this Evening Primrose Oil to alleviate the swelling of the cysts and to balance my hormones. It took care of it all. Actually one time I ran out of them and my husband asked me why I was so crabby all of a sudden. We've been married for 4 years now and have never fought or said an unkind word to eachother. I didn't realize I was crabby but we figured out that my mood changed because of the hormonal imbalance when I didn't have my Primrose Oil. Now I buy several bottles at a time. I get them in the vitamin section of Walgreens store. Try Them, they are all natural and work miracles.

Gateway Girl

Guardian Angels surround me and keep all enemies from me!
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  6:25:42 PM  Show Profile
My doctor told me to use flaxseed oil. I absolutely will not live without it! I take 1000 mgs. in the morning and I am virtually hotflash free! I never wanted to take anything artificial and I'm very glad I found a dr. who got me on this regimen. Good luck and I hope you and dh feel better. Love, Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  2:12:12 PM  Show Profile
HI Elizabeth,
What is the patch called? I was on a hormone patch for almost a year. It was more of a birth control patch though. Of course, they do prescribe those so as not to throw someone into menopause quite so quickly either.:) If you remember the name let me know and I'll let you know if it was the same one I was on.:) Then we can chat it out ;)
hugs!!JEssie

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  3:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The Primrose Oil and the Flaxseed oil ideas sound wonderful! I will have to tell my mom about that!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  6:07:49 PM  Show Profile
I also take Flax seed but only because Dean Ornish recommends it on his vegetarian Heart Reversal program. Glad to hear it's used for this also!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Patch Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page