Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  10:10:58 AM  Show Profile
When we had our last batch of meat rabbits there was only 2 babies. I didn't handle them much, until my DH started swathing. I had to take over caring for the rabbits. One of the babies would come and stick is nose out when ever I opened the door. I reached out to pet him expecting him to run to the back of the cage like all the others. He just stayed there and didn't tense up or nothing. So I pet him more, smoothing back his ears and rubbing his nose. He just layed there falling asleep. For the last couple weeks I have been cuddling him ever chance I get. My DH kept saying don't get attached to him. I'm butchering when you go to Colorado. Too late, I LOVE him and named him Timmy Tip Toes(from Beatrix Potter)!!

Now I don't know why things have to be so hard with my DH. It's simple I love the rabbit, you love me, so you will let me keep him. He hardly takes up any room and it's not like we are trying to live off the rabbits.
But no, he has to always up the anty. "You can keep him if you butcher all of your chickens, by YOURSELF" "NO, I'm not good at butchering chickens anyway" Ugh! He's such a pain in my rear end, sometimes. It's one measily little rabbit,(that let's me kiss it's nose). What is the big deal?! After getting in a fight yesterday, with me contemplating hiding Timmy Tip Toes at a friends house while I go to Colorado for 10 days or maybe just never coming back from Colorado(I wasn't thinking rationally anymore) I finally quit talking to him.
By the end of the day, he came to his senses and decided it wasn't worth fighting over. I get to keep Timmy Tip Toes and all of my chickens. Wheww!

http://diaryofafarmerswife.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  10:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon-

I am so glad you get to keep your little bunny! Sometimes you just need an extra little friend around the place, eh?

I think it is a guy thing. Doug does the same thing to me sometimes. I don't undertand it. I mean- how many times do us women just grit our teeth and do the things we don't like to do around the house because our guys are clueless? LOL I am so glad that you get to keep your bunny. :)

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  10:31:57 AM  Show Profile
Too funny. I'm glad you get to keep your bunny and anyway he can help make more rabbits.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I Finally Got My Way!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page