Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Handmade all veggie soap to Barter! 1st post Pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Handmade all veggie soap to Barter! 1st post Pics Next Topic
Page: of 6

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  12:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
wooohoooo!!!!

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  3:16:45 PM  Show Profile
i got the shipping confirmation a few days ago, cannot wait, maybe tomorrow it will be here!!
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  3:37:41 PM  Show Profile
I can make a pretty purse or tote for you. Check out the first ones I did on my blog: www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com

What do you think?

Edited by - katie-ell on Jul 11 2007 3:38:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:42:32 PM  Show Profile
Katie... Love your fabric! A tote please. Email me your addy and I will get it out into the mail for you!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

gateway girl
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Shari
Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I would love to trade you scented candles for your soap if you are interested. I don't have an etsy yet but tell me what scents you would enjoy and I will make some candles for you.

Gateway Girl

Guardian Angels surround me and keep all enemies from me!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  5:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Shari, Sounds Great! Summery scents woould be great, just no patchouli.

Email me your addy and I will get it out in the mail. I will be gone until Mon, I have an out of town show. We will be leaving tomorrow morn... but I will be back

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  6:32:07 PM  Show Profile
Denise,

Yours has shipped!

E-

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  6:49:58 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, is it too late to trade? I do all kinds of stitchery, let me know.

PS: I agree with you on the patchouli!! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  6:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, Sounds Great to me!
What kind of stitchery do you have?

E-

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  7:01:35 PM  Show Profile
Wow, that was quick. We must be on here at the same time!

Well, I didn't read all the posts so I don't know what all you are getting so far but, I can do tea towels, aprons, pillow cases, pot holders, and don't know. Maybe a cute pillow? If that doesn't sound good, you can think up something too. I think I do it all, let me know. Cindy
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  7:28:18 PM  Show Profile
Tea Towels would be great, I will be getting a new kitchen later this summer... so New Kitchen stuff would be a wonderful treat!

E-

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  8:57:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BotanicalBath

Kati, Do you Crochet anything else?

My retired spinster Aunt Nancy makes these for us by the metric ton. We keep her busy (I have 2 sisters) and out of trouble (off HSN & QVC) by bring her string & twine to make us more. She is not all there these days and being a retired High School teacher, she would probably flip if she knew that last balls I brought her were Organic Hemp. LOL. I hope my cousin has a baby soon... since we will start bring her blanket stuff. She only will crochet these sacks and baby blankets.... one day or less projects.

Ah, Gotcha. The only other thing that I make quickly enough (at this point) is dishcloths. And I can't imagine anybody around here without boatloads of those already. *wry smile* Ah well.... Maybe another time.

May I suggest your Aunt Nancy try selling the bags, if she doesn't already??? I've had good remarks on mine, and sell them for $20 a pop (not quite 3x the cost of the yarn itself). I'm looking around to put them out for sell on consignment, but I've had folks tell me I ought to try getting a table at the farmer's market or such. I just don't have that much time on my hands (to man a booth at the FM or at the fair).

Blessings. --Kati
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  9:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Actually Dishclothes would be great... remember I make nothing with yarn... and I have 2 hand knitted dish clothes... and cherish them. But since I am getting a new kitchen... those would be wonderful.

But you should get a booth at a market. Soon they will be outlawing plastic sacks... and once it goes though in CA, it will be just time before all of the other states follow suit. All of the crunchy granolas already carry reuseable sacks here. And they carry them to shows and will refuse a plastic handle bag from me. I will be ready... the back of my jeep is filled with Aunt Nancy creations! I couldnt see her sitting at a market selling them, My sister who lives near her wouldnt do it, she is one of those mean angry girls.. and since they realy dont fit into my line, I couldnt slip them into my booth... So I would have to jury in with them.

But I will be gone for the weekend at a show... then when I come back I will be doing another soap-a-thon...
Then I can sleep a little when the kids sleep.

But it looks like I have the rest of the month and AUG off.. Yippee Skippee!

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  09:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, let me know what colors you're looking towards for your kitchen, I'll see what I can come up with (I may have some already made) and we can trade.

Some of our state legislators are trying to put a state-wide tax on plastic bags of $.15 per bag. I think it's a fantastic idea, and evidently it's been a great success in our state's capitol (Juneau) in the several years it's been in place there. So, I made myself some grocery bags that I take with me (whenever I remember), and I tell people about the proposed tax, and lots of people seem to think it's a great idea to have such heavy-duty, reusable bags. Seem suprized when I tell them that my bags will hold about 25 lbs, but that I wouldn't want to stuff each one that full because it'd be hard to carry because of how heavy it is. LOL I'd also designed a special shoulder/carry strap that helps spread the weight more evenly, without cutting into one's shoulder. (At least, it's special because none of the patterns I've ever seen have such a sturdy strap, most are draw-string.)

Good luck with the show this weekend!

Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  10:22:53 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I would love to try some of your soaps...I am practically salivating reading all these barter arrangements. (But a little soap and water ought to take care of it! )

I'm a farmgirl in training...not very crafty so I don't have any specific product to barter, but I have lots of different things I could offer.

I do make my own Lemon Balm Tincture ... or I have several sets of unused placemat/napkin sets...do you have a color scheme picked out for your new kitchen yet?

Jo

"There are no strangers here, only friends you've yet to meet."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  11:45:41 AM  Show Profile
YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! I got my yummy package from Elizabeth...The Botanical Bath Wonder!!! You rock Elizabeth...all your stuff is oh so remarkable...and smells delightful!!

Girls you are all in for a treat!!

Thanks again!!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  5:07:59 PM  Show Profile
Ok Elizabeth, I don't have towels done up so will start ASAP! It might take awhile so don't forget me! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  5:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth: I could make you new curtains for your kitchen or placemats and napkins (with my happy serger) or a tablecloth. Your soap would be so great to get!!
:)Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  05:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
thank you elizabeth... i got your package yesterday and i can't wait to start using all the terrific smelling soaps you sent. what a great idea you had to swap what you have for whatever others make... oh to be you over the next few weeks receiving package after package of goodies from farmgirls all over the place!!! it'll be like christmas! good for you!

Alison
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  07:02:14 AM  Show Profile
thank you Elizabeth...My soaps arrived yesterday and you all must know that it was the nicest smelling package I have ever ever received. I wonder what the mail people thought, jealous I'm sure. Anyway thank you again and I am working on your towels and hope to have them done soon.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  07:13:03 AM  Show Profile
Kati,
Do you have any pictures of the bags you use. Would love to see what they look like.

Girls,
I think it is wonderful to be able to barter what we make for others to use and vice versa. Sort of what it was like when people bartered specialized for something someone else could do. Must have been pretty good not needing money all the time.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  5:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Denise, you are so right! We really should get better about trading, I will start checking on the barter section more often.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9372 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9372 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  1:05:21 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth,
Received my soaps today. They smell wonderful. Thanks so much. I am working on your doilies. Will let you know when I get them sent out.
Thanks again,

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  8:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I just got back into town. I had a great show... and did so well that I know that you were all with me the whole time.... even when the storm BLEW! in, an artist lost her whole tent... and I had a few drips that used 4 paper towels.

Dont lest me forget anyone.... but Kati, katie-ell, gateway girl, Cindy Lee, Hideaway Farmgirl & sdleah ~Email me with your addy. I have one ready to go out now, but will be soaping a marathon... so I will wait until I have a varieity to send. Then I have to restock for me and I have to fill 2 Ohio wholesale orders. This should take me a week... So it wont be long. So there will be plenty for everyone.

This is so much fun! I CAN NOT WAIT! to get farmgirl friend goodies! Yippee Skippee.. this will be like my birthday and christmas rolled up into one!

PS, for those of you who got yours, I hope you are enjoying them!

E-

Edited by - BotanicalBath on Jul 15 2007 9:53:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  09:59:02 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I sent you my address but as I mentioned, please take your time sending my package. I will be working on your towels and it will take a bit of time for me to get them done. Maybe a could send you a little something as a down payment!

This will be fun! Cindy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Handmade all veggie soap to Barter! 1st post Pics Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page