Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 What natural shampoo soap or body soap do you use?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic What natural shampoo soap or body soap do you use? Next Topic  

CountryChick
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

MICHIGAN
56 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  07:59:24 AM  Show Profile
I am looking for some Natural shampoo bars & body soaps...
What ones have you tried... good or bad.

Looking for some good soaps to try? It will be my first purchase.

Thanks Again,
CountryChick

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  08:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Many of us make our own soaps. Check out the "Market Place" thread to see if any of those look interesting...or you could try your hand at making your own! It is lots of fun, and not too hard to do! Good Luck!

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2005 :  09:41:41 AM  Show Profile
I make and use my own soap, but Dr. Bonners is a good natural, no frills kind of soap. A few different flavors and it come liquid and as a bar. What like the most about this soap is that you can buy it in bulk because I'm really nuts about wasting packaging so I try to buy bulk as much as possble. Also this soap can be used for dishes, laundry it's just plain soap so it could be used for anything. This makes me think though if you have very sensitive skin may be it's not the best. Also It's sold in almost every health food all over the country. But like I said I prefer homemade.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2005 :  9:18:02 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CountryChick

I am looking for some Natural shampoo bars & body soaps...
What ones have you tried... good or bad.

Looking for some good soaps to try? It will be my first purchase.

Thanks Again,
CountryChick

My mom just introduced me to the Melaleuca line of products and I'm really digging it! It smells great and the bars of soap are really dense so they last forever.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive. James Stewart in the movie HARVEY
Go to Top of Page

Fulminous
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Deb
Maine
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  06:53:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm a promoter of the Dr. Bronner's myself, I've used it for a few years in the backcountry as all it suggested for, yes, even toothpaste. I prefer the peppermint or lavender scent as it helps by not attracting bugs. I just find that I absolutely need to apply lotion, cream or witchhazel with aloe after washing with the Dr. Bronner's as it leaves my skin feeling really parched.
I also like the Kiss My Face soaps and bodywashes, they have an organics line that I love!
For shampoo and conditioner my fiance (who has longer hair than me now I think) and I have finially settled with Nature's Gate organics lines, the shampoo lathers more than the Kiss My Face, and the conditioner seems to do a "better" job than the brand of the same name. However, personally, I do like the KMF brand shampoo because it doesn't lather up quite so much, so it rinses out with less water.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  07:42:39 AM  Show Profile
Dr. Bronner's lavender is the best!! I only use it for cleaning and spraying on unwanted critters -- I've heard too many people say it is harsh for bathing. I always buy handmade soap to bath with from local people -- at least I will until mine is done curing!! Then I'll just use what I made.

Tom's of Maine is good too. I can't use Kiss My Face or Burt's Bees -- it breaks me out.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2005 :  09:39:58 AM  Show Profile
I have been using the Chagrin Valley soaps and I REALLY like them for my face and body. They also have lotion bars, pet shampoos, and shampoo bars. I have tried the shampoo bars but still trying to get used to them but I really recommend the body soap. Very reasonably priced too and they do samples. Website is www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com .
Go to Top of Page

CityCat
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Catherine
Toronto Ontario
Canada
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  7:39:56 PM  Show Profile
I use soap made by the Elora Soap Company.
http://www.elorasoap.com/
I discovered it when I was having trouble finding anything that would help my dry, itchy, eczema problem skin. I started to use their nettle soap, and the eczema cleared right up and I lost the lizard dry skin. This was exciting so I tried some of their other soaps and settled on my favourite, mint. It has a lovely smell and it got rid of my acne! I use it on my face and body, and it even works great as a shampoo in a pinch. I recommend this soap to everyone, and I'm proof it works great! And their flowers and leaves ointment is fabulous for dry skin. Their tea tree blend is fantastic for speeding up wound healing and cracked winter hands.

Cat
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic What natural shampoo soap or body soap do you use? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page