Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Please secure your pets today!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Please secure your pets today! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  08:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
With the fireworks that will be going off all around the country, please make sure that your animals are secured. Even if they have been good around fireworks before, they might not be this year. Each year, thousands of pets run away out of fear on the 4th of July. I am usually kept pretty busy on 4th of July and 5th of July taking pets I see wandering the street to the shelter so their owners can find them.

I know several people who have lost their pets and have never seen them again, and one of my bank ladies has a dog that is so phobic of fireworks- they have had to build a special reinforced kennel to house her in.

I also strongly advocate Microchipping. It only takes a second and that way if your pet does get lost, your chances of getting your pet back increase. Almost all vets offices (I am sure all of them have it) and pet shelters have a scanner that read the micro chip and gives a number that is associated with you and your pet.

Good Luck today and I hope all of your critters are safe and sound!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  8:13:28 PM  Show Profile
Good reminder Alee

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  10:14:35 PM  Show Profile
So true! We had a little lab cross a few years back that just couldn't stand it. We had a woven wire kennel (home made instead of commercial panels) that she chomped right through at the first sign of fireworks. Even in the house she was a nervous wreck.

I'm thankful my horses don't seem to care. A neighbor has to give his mare a tranquilizer, then still sits with her all night long in the barn.

Please Vote For Me!
http://www.blogforayear.com/profiles/desperate-horsewife

http://carpentercreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Please secure your pets today! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page