Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 open swap for signature blocks/make own deadlines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic open swap for signature blocks/make own deadlines Next Topic
Page: of 4

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  5:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Ok I am trying to make a signature quilt with as many far girls as I can . the way this works if you want to swap blocks with people post your name on this topic and keep a running list in your post of who you are swapping with there is no swap mom on this they are all one on one swaps. you and your partners decided individual swap dates.

I will have differnt colors on my list like red for who I am swapping with blue when I made and sent theirs and green for when I get theirs that makes it fair and every one can see where they stand please use the same system
example
list of swappers
1. sunshine mailed july 2 received july 4

I know we all need more than 1 so I figure if this is open like this people might join in after they see some swapping and people posting pictures of the blocks they get might make people a little more excited about the whole thing.

here are samples of two I have done in the past I will do differnt ones now as I like making all my blocks different so no two people get the same so no two quilts are the same.

yours can be fancier or simpler with just your screen name and real name or you can add pictures up to you.
mine are 8 1/2 cut 8 inches finished

one of these was ironed for photo and one wasn't sorry

below here is my list I will add names to it as people decide they want to swap with me please keep a list by your first entry for you to keep track of your own swaps as they may not all be the same. take care sunshine.
P.S. If I have swapped with you before happy to do it again. Just make a differnt block please add your name to all blocks both screen and real name. state, date, decorative picture optional. Also figure out your own block sizes I want 8 1/2 so they will go with my other blocks on muslin you may pick what ever size you want so I may get an 8 1/2 and you may want a 12 inch block and that works just fine. Each person states the size of the block they want and are willing to trade.

List

1.huckelberrywine mail by July 30 mailed July 19and she has it July 27mailed to me July 27received July 30 and it is gorgeous Tthis swap is complete and done
block size 8 1/2 block, unbleached muslin.Your name(s), date, embroidered art optional
2.cinnamon girlmail by July 30mailed July 19 she has it july 26mailed to me July 30 received Aug 11this swap is completed and done
block size 8 1/2 block, unbleached muslin.
3.Daisy mail by July 30mailed it /received Aug 21this swap is completed and done
block size 8 1/2 block

4. queenofdreamsz4u mail by November 15 on hold till further notice from queenofreamsz4u

5. yarnmamma ( mail by Sept 15th)arrived here October 9th[/green] mailed october 10 to her with her yoyos

7.Cheryl mail by november 15this swap is done

etc....

[blue]have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Dec 22 2007 6:21:30 PM

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  7:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine did you mail to yourself?

This sounds interesting but I've got a lot on my plate right now. Maybe a little later wehn things slow down!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  7:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
no I didn't mail to my self ( that is funny though) (see the note two lines up it read example I miss things like that too all the time please don't say it is a sign of us getting old I hope not) that was an example to show how I want people to set up their lists to make it easy for everyone to see what is done and where things are in the mail or not.

Your welcome to join later as I stated each person swapping makes their own deadlines with the other person they are swapping with. I plan on this just being a long running open topic if people are interested. Doesn't look like to many are interested at the moment maybe later after the holiday.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

Edited by - sunshine on Jul 03 2007 7:23:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  09:29:56 AM  Show Profile
I hope to trade one per month to keep on track.
Here's what I can send / what I'd like in return:

8 1/2 unfinished block, unbleached muslin. (leaves 1/4 in. margin)
Your name(s), date, embroidered art (optional and love it!)

My list
Sunshine swapped Gorgeous!!!
Sunshine for MJ done
Cinnamongirl swapped "Sew" pretty!!
[red]Yarnmamma
swapped Love the design

Thanks everyone! :) I'll work on the next one, and when it is done, I'll invite someone to swap again. I think that's smartest for me with the current schedule. Looking forward to more nice work!

We make a difference.

Edited by - Huckelberrywine on Dec 21 2007 6:01:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  3:21:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey a deadline agreed with between two I am thinking I can handle that I would like to make a farmgirl quilt too! Cause you gals are just special. We will need more to make a quilt though Sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  6:04:05 PM  Show Profile
Ok so let me get this straight....We would be doing these using embroidry? Also could someone post some examples for those of us who have never participated in this type of swap? Just so I have a basic idea of the direction I need to head in. Once I get the basic gist of this it sounds like I might like to do it. Thanks, Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  8:11:48 PM  Show Profile
You bet add me to your list and I will add you to mine. Do I make list under my name and how? Whenever you want to trade I been practicing and have come to realize smaller stitches look nicer. What size are you looking at?
Sunshine:
Do you want to do 8 1/2 " inch and say in mail by end of July (if to soon let me know, as I know you are very busy) I will use unbleeched muslin

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Jul 05 2007 9:13:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  8:36:38 PM  Show Profile
Cinnamongirls List:

1..[red]Yarnmama Oct,10[/redmailed Oct.15 Linda received mine

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Nov 22 2007 2:27:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  10:18:26 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I would be happy to swap with anyone. I picked out my pattern and am all set to start! How do I add names to my list? 8 1/2" blocks would be great!
Daisy

Sunshine July 30threceived
Cinnamongirl Aug 15th
mailed 11/16/07
Bridge mail by ??Thistle Sprig Farm

Edited by - Daisy on Nov 16 2007 12:17:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  10:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
click on the pencil and paper on your last post and you will be able to edit it and change it around this is also where you will find the colors and smilies. I would be happy to swap with you give me a dead line and what size block you want please put the block size in your last post so any one that wants to swap with you knows what size.

easiest way to add names is to post a question stating a person on this list that you want to swap with and ask if they want to or put their name on your list with a question mark and if they reciprocate by adding your name to their list then you are swapping don't forget to get each others addresses so you can mail to each other.

Edited by - sunshine on Jul 11 2007 7:22:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  4:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Just curious I have been working on a quilt for mj also with 8 1/2 inchs blocks if any of you ladies haven't made one for that quilt and would like to let me know and i will send you my address and you can make one for that quilt. You wouldn't get one back from that but you would be giving a gift to MJ. If there are people who don't want to swap but just make one for MJ that is fine too.

Just a thought hers are 8 1/2 inches too screen name and real name a must if doing this anything else is optional on muslin

those who already have blocks in for MJ's quilt
1.ktknits
2,Bridge
3.Suzyhomemaker
4.daffodile dreamer
5.berries
6.cinnamon girl
7. sunshine
8. smoothiejuice
9.Huckelberrywine HERE
10. Daisy HERE

those who want to add to it
1. queenofdreamsz4u ( mailing latter like october)

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 21 2007 9:13:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  5:47:14 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to add one to MJ's quilt. :) How soon?

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  5:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
just when ever you get to it I am trying to make it a quilt big enough for her to actually use not just a decoration

Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  8:54:13 PM  Show Profile
I'll do one for MJ. I'll just send Sunshine 2 of them. Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm

Edited by - Daisy on Jul 13 2007 06:58:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  7:27:12 PM  Show Profile
I would like to swap to get more signature blocks!!
My blocks are 8 1/2 cut 8 inches finished.

I have blocks from Berries, Daffodil Dreamer, Suszyhomemaker, ktknits, Luzy, sleeplessreader, sunshine, Cathy M

1. Cinnamon Girl (please add me to your list)Mailed 7/30/07
2. Daisy (please add me to your list)Will mail as soon as I get address

Hugs, Bridge

~~Bridge's Blog~~

Edited by - Bridge on Jul 31 2007 3:10:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile
sunshine do you need a block from me for MJ quilt?

~~Bridge's Blog~~

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  12:55:53 AM  Show Profile
My List"

1. Sunshine ~ due by November 15
2. Sunshine (MJ quilt) ~ by December 15

3. Yarnmamma November 30

Stephanie

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Oct 06 2007 9:07:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  06:45:31 AM  Show Profile
I E-mailed you Sunshine!

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  11:02:43 AM  Show Profile
So far I haven't received it if you did mail it. But I'll keep checking! LOL I have your block finsihed but not MJ's so I'll wait and mail them together.

Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  12:53:34 PM  Show Profile
OK, stratch that last post! Sunshine your block arrived in the mail today! Thanks so much!! Beautiful block!!

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  2:02:49 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine I mqailed block in card on 30th so it will be by itself.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  1:14:05 PM  Show Profile
Daisy & Bridge, would you like to swap with me?

We make a difference.

Edited by - Huckelberrywine on Aug 15 2007 1:29:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2007 :  6:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine, I'm going to finish your block tonight if it kills me. I'm sorry for being late. Cinnamon girl I am now late for you as well!I will start on yours next. Bridgette I hesitate to set a date as slow as I have been with the others! But I do want to exchange with you. Also Huckleberrywine I'd like to add you to my list and exchange but once again I'm hesitant to set a date. Just wanted everyone to know I'm still plugging away and have not fallen off the face of the earth!
Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2007 :  7:00:55 PM  Show Profile
I do machine embroidery, can I enter or do they have to be by hand? If they are machine embroidered what kind of stablizer do you want used? I have been using polymesh on mine so you don't have that paper feel or have to pluck out the tear away. I use double fold so it is strong and then you can cut away as much as you want. Some people making quilts leave the polymesh in to the size of the white block.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2007 :  8:21:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls been away for two weeks but will meet deadlines soon. Janet I will add you to my list.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  09:59:12 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine, I put yours and MJ's in the mail today! Let me know when you get them! Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic open swap for signature blocks/make own deadlines Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page