Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  2:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
This can be used as a super nice bed sheet powder or as powder to sprinkle on your carpet.

2 cups cornstarch
Your favorite Essential Oil or Fragrance Oil.

Combine in food processor or blender, or you can hand stir inthe essential oil.

Sprinkle and smooth onto bedsheets or sprinkle before vacuuming to spread your favorite fragrance around the house.

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  6:10:00 PM  Show Profile
Or you can but the Johnson and Johnson baby poweder which is 100% cornstarch! I have the lavender and it is great!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  6:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julie- Thats a good idea too :)

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  4:55:30 PM  Show Profile
I love these ideas. Thanks!

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  5:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
ok what is bed sheet powder

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  5:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Bed sheet powder is a way to make your sheets smell really great. It also creates a silky feel. It can make really cheap sheets feel like ultra luxurious sheets! It also helps to absorb body sweat during sleep so you don't wake up feeling all icky.

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  7:09:46 PM  Show Profile
I have always always loved putting powder on my sheets. When husband and I got married (his first marriage at 38) he thought it was so weird..but he got used to it..haha

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  8:24:45 PM  Show Profile
And with it being full summer and the nights are hot/humid it feels really good!! Going down right now and put some on the sheets before we go to bed. I usually spritz lavendar spray onto the sheets, but this time of year I go for the powder.

Peace and love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  06:58:30 AM  Show Profile
I am running around the Rooms sprinking Lavendar powder (my Favorite) on all the beds...Dog is sneezing and trying to get out the door....But oh what a lovely smell, I have even tried Lil of The Valley and that's good also....

Smelling God!

Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  2:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Are you saying Johnson & Johnson makes a scented powder? I just don't go shopping enough, I guess. I never heard of it. I love lily of the valley! Mine are just about to bloom out back.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  2:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa-

Johnson and Johnson Baby Powder- you can get 100% cornstarch baby powder. And yes, they have many scents these days. However, I like to just buy regular organic cornstarch. I am hoping that since it is organic it is non GMO which I doubt J&J is.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  3:04:50 PM  Show Profile
Just exactly how do I go about using that on my bed sheets? Ive got some nice sensitive skin..is it still okay to use? What is the difference between essential and fragrance oils? Is one healthier/safer for me than the others?
And the carpet stuff....do I let it sit on the carpet for a while and then vaccuum it or do I sprinkle it in the cleaner? Is it safe if I have asthma problems? I love stuff smelling sweet, but I want the smell to linger...will these things do that?
Sorry...I'm full of it today. We live in a trailer that has to have tanks emptied and it makes the whole trailer smell less than pleasant (especially when you forget to close the windows when the tank is getting emptied). So, I'm a pleasant smell freak right now.
:)

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlkate
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

kate
bryan TX
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  6:25:49 PM  Show Profile
I gotta try this :)

"You only have what you give...""
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  7:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jessie!

How to use on sheets: Fill one of those sprinkle cans that you can buy in the kitchen supply aisle of almost any store that sells home goods. The kind that has a handle and a top with holes in it? Then just sprinkle on sheets and smooth this your hand like you would to smooth out wrinkles. Use sparingly as too little is better than too much!

Sensitive Skin: Rub a little cornstarch on your arm to and leave there for 1/2 hour to see if you have a sensitivity. It is very gentle and you will probably only react if you have an allergy of some sort.

The difference between Essential Oils and Fragrance Oils: Essential oils are derived from plants and can be used for fragrance, aromatherapy and some homeopathic remedies. Fragrance oils are made with chemicals and so can provide you with more scent options. Many people consider essential oils to be healthier as they are from natural ingredients, however there are a few oils that need to be used with caution around pregnant women. www.auracacia.com has great information and their essential oils are very high quality.

As for the vacuum powder, just sprinkle onto carpet and vacuum. No need to let it set, but it won't harm the carpet if it does.

If you use fragrance oils the smell will be stronger and last longer as a general rule of thumb (there are always exceptions) and the smell will linger, but depends on strength of mixture and amount used. Using more often will make the fragrance last longer as each use "refreshes" the previous. Also the powder that get sucked up into the vac bag will help freshen the air being pushed out to lessen the stinky vac smell.

Hope that helps!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  5:39:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee. I had been waitin for the reply to this post. I dont know how I missed it but looked back today and found it. Thanks so much for all the information:)
I looked at some fragrance oils, but they all said not to touch your skin..that doesnt make sense to me..i thought they were okay for that. Is there a special kind of fragrance oil?
thanks
jess

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic Bed Sheet Powder/Vacuum Powder Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page