Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  6:27:25 PM  Show Profile
Last year on the 4th of July, my friend Joe lost his best friend 'Sam", an Aussie Shepard. She was frightened by the fireworks and jumped the back fence. Joe has searched for Sam EVERYDAY for almost a year. Since she is micro chipped and Joe hasn't gotten any reports on her whereabouts, he can only assume that someone picked her up and is keeping her. He has had an ongoing ad in our local newspaper all this time as well. Their story will be featured on our local NBC station as well as the newspaper next week, reminding people to secure their pets during this holiday. My hope is that someone will see the stories and come forward to claim the $500.00 reward money! So I'm asking my Farmgirl friends to please remember Little Sam dog in your prayers in hopes that she may be coming home soon. Thank you so much! Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  6:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lu- that is so sad! Even microchiping can't always keep our furbabies safe. Hopefully Sam will be returned!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  6:48:10 PM  Show Profile
I'll keep Sam in my nightly prayers!!!
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  7:05:51 PM  Show Profile
That's so sad! I'll definitely be praying for Sam.

http://diaryofafarmerswife.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  8:23:00 PM  Show Profile
It's still not too late!! Your friend and Sam are in my thoughts as I sit here looking at my 4 heathens...they've been barking all night at the "all too early" celebratory fireworks.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  10:03:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh..I will sure remember Sam. I had a black lab years ago who was just terrified of fireworks. It was so hard!!! People start doing them way soon and keep doing them for a week after here..it gets old for the critters for sure.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  06:42:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone, you're all wonderful! I'll sure keep you posted on how things go next week. Hugs, Lu

--
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  06:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow, this story brings back sad memories of my best friend Sam, a cat I lost one summer when I was a kid. I can totally relate to your friend Joe. I was devastated, and that same summer Olivia Newton John came out with a song about a Sam. I cried every time that song came on the radio - couldn't stand to listen to it and I've despised ONJ songs ever since!

Give your friend a hug from me...

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  07:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh Erin, I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible experience! I'd give you a big hug if I could. Bless your heart! Lu

--
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  5:11:31 PM  Show Profile
I will definitely keep Sam in my thoughts and prayers. My Zena has wandered off twice in the time we've had her-both times we found her within 4 hours, but I still remember the feeling in my stomach. My thoughts and prayers are also with you and your family.

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Robo
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Robin
Louisville KY
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  06:21:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Friends...I am a newby here but this post jumped out at me due to the fact that I work at our local humane society. The microchip is so wonderful and I have seen so many pets returned by having the chip. I sure hope your friend is able to get his best friend back. We had a recent return of a dog being gone 4 months and was about 70 miles from home. My heart melts for these babies that are not taken care of or abused. It is so rewarding to see united families after such a sad circumstance. The fourth is a reminder to keep the babies inside or make sure they are sheltered from the noise. One of my dogs is often under the coffee table when he hears loud noises outside. Also too, if your baby finds a spot in your home where he feels safe or confortable, after hearing loud noises, don't try to coax him out. Let him come out on his own, when HE feels safe. Sorry, didn't mean to get crazy, but these are part of our families we are talking about......Happy 4th to all including our 4 legged friends! Aunt Robo.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  06:28:06 AM  Show Profile
My prayers are with Sam for his safe return home to his family....I will be spending the 4th hunkered in the bedroom with my "babies" who are terrified of the fireworks.
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  8:48:03 PM  Show Profile
Lu- I pray this sweet man is reunited with Sam very soon. Lost dogs always remind me of Lassie. Remember, "Lassie, Come Home"? I think she went to Europe and back! Sam must be on his way home right now - what a happy reunion it will be!!

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  9:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Sending prayers that Sam will be reunited with his family soon!!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Please pray for Sam dog Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page